FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Stephen Ireland signs for Villa

lukedaw

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2010/05/19/james-milner-says-aston-villa-s-top-four-pain-hurt-as-much-as-losing-carling-cup-final-97319-26478317/

reading between the lines here, it ceratinly does seem that the kid is all for staying and doing better next season. "Nice one", I really hope that this kid sees the light and does not become another football mercinary.

Manchester City have made their first significant move in the summer transfer market by lodging a £20 million bid for James Milner, the England and Aston Villa midfielder.

Milner, who is currently training with the Fabio Capello's provisional World Cup squad in Austria, has become one of the most coveted players in the Barclay's Premier League after an excellent season for Martin O'Neill's side.

The 24-year-old can play in central midfield and full back but has figured most frequently on the right side of midfield. The bid casts further doubt over the Eastlands future of Shaun Wright-Phillips.

More to follow.

Breaking news this aint good I just hope he stays . I know this could be in the transfer forum but its bigger then that this one move could have a lasting impacton this club .

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

have no fear, oneill is here, he wont let milner anywhere near, not for 20 mil anyway. i think milner will be in the wc squad and double his value, then and only then will we have to start worrying.

I hope your right but their certainly showing their intent by lodging a bid so early on and with add ons its 25million supposedly .

I agree though we should let his value sore at the World Cup not that I want him to go though .

People are saying if Fabregas leaves Arse they're in trouble the foundation the team was built around will be gone and its the same with Milner and Villa for me .

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Lets face it guys, if Citeh want Milner bad enough they will get him :cry: But only if they pay well above the odds AND Milner himself will have to request a transfer,If Milner does put in a request to leave then there won't be much left to say on the matter except what the price will be :mellow:

I have always thought that Milner will stay, but the more i think of it when the "Hyper Clubs" come a knocking even the most loyal players are swayed by the massive amounts of money that can be offered and if he went to city he would be at least on parity with Barry (£115,000 a week)

I now fear that unless Milner himself comes out himself and states he is staying before the world cup we may not see him i the Claret and Blue again :no:

Lets just hope that if it is to happen Arsenal(to replace Cesc) and Manure (to replace Scholes) spark a bidding war to drive the price as high as possible so Villa can get maximum return on what is still a relativley young player.

It would hurt us to lose Milner and he would be very hard to replace but that is the modern game where money talks and good sense walks!!

Villa till i die!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

i'm sure the offers will be coming in fast now.. 20m from city... wait till after world cup and hope he plays well and see the value grow... Then way up options.....20m plus players can maybe do more for villa then one player can..

Archived