FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Transfer Talk 2010/11

forevaavillan1

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weve all said it, A midfielder and a striker, imo also a goalkeeper. Im not sure of the players but like alot of us on here id like to see some ambition this summer, im not sure what funds Randy is giving MON this time round but hes surely got to give him £30 million at the least, if hes really behind him on this top 4 charge. Imo we wont break the top 4 with this squad, we could get lucky this time round but we need to cememnt the top 4 place not get it once and call it quits, if we can break the top 4 then the next step ofcourse is the league itself. We need to sign a few players for our bench aswell who can come on and have an impact in a game, plus weve got to bring in a few players from our youth team in.

3 first team players and a few bench players, not too much to ask is it?

Speaking of who should leave:

Harewood (if he comes back)

Shorey (if he comes back)

Osbourne

Salifou

Heskey (not going to happen but worth a try)

Sidwell

Beye

All minor transfer talk and rumours here.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

If we need to sell players and only if we bring some in

Out :rcard:

Harewood

Salifou

Osbourne

Shorey

NRC (like him, don't want him to go, but MON don't play him. better to get the cash now then rot on the bench / reserves)

Maybe Heskey if we get another Striker

Beye (if he wants to go and depending on progress of Lichaj-who has impressed when i've seen him)

In

Albrighton -- -(all 3 already at the club, but rarely given a run out so promote them to

Fonz -- - a more senior role and they could be like new signings)

Weimann -- -

(selection from)

Ireland

Defour

Veloso

Van Der Vaart

Rodallega

Robbie Keane (if redknapp would sell to us??)

Santa Cruz?? (not playing at City, but looked good at blackburn)

Wanted Bent but he went to Sunderland, hope Sunderland keep struggling so he might

be tempted to leave but guess it's unlikely

Not completely sure about signings but I think the above would all improve the team again, I'd imagine they would be realistic financialy. I'd obviously like the big World class star signing but I think that would depend on our final standing come the end of the season and how much Randy can invest in the team / wage structures etc etc

If we need to sell players and only if we bring some in

Out :rcard:

Harewood

Salifou

Osbourne

Shorey

NRC (like him, don't want him to go, but MON don't play him. better to get the cash now then rot on the bench / reserves)

Maybe Heskey if we get another Striker

Beye (if he wants to go and depending on progress of Lichaj-who has impressed when i've seen him)

That list with Carew added and sidwell.

Selling all these should make us around £12mill - £14mill and if lener gives us around £16 mill to spend then thats another £30mill for 3 top quality players. 2 Strikers and a Midfielder for me.

I would go for scott parker for in the middle to replace petrov as he is an all round better player. Strikers is a tough one and the only i can see moving on in the summer is robbie keane. As for another striker i aint sure on maybe someone who shines in the world cup.

newgabby.jpg
duck.gif

Podolskis a good shout, Klose is alright but tbh both of them arent in the same goalscoring form as they were a while ago

Im thinking more along the lines of Diego Forlan or Roberto Soldado, both prolific goalscorers in spain and i think especially alsong as we get into europe, we could persuade Soldado, plays for Gatafe 12 goals in 23 games, better than any of our goalscorers tbh and is only 24, £10 Million maybe?

If Everton cant get into europe either i say we launch a bid for Mikel Arteta, he'd be a fantastic signing.

Out

Heskey 50p

Sidwell £5

Osbourne 30p

Salifou £10

Hareword £10

Beye £3

Shorey £1,000,000

Guzan £1,000,000

Total incoming £2,000,028.80p

Total Given for Transfers £30,000,000

Total to Spend £32,000,028.50p

Hart £5,000,000

Huntelaar £12,000,000

Sneigder £15,000,028.50p

Total outgoings £32,000,028.50p

Along with some of the Youth team coming thru to replace the other bits of deadwood sold in the list

Archived