Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Andreas Weimann (2010-15)

Jayemdubbya    175

just like:

barry - wanted to leave. Stayed an extra year. Replaced with downing. 12 mil in, 12 mil out.

young - turned down a contract extension, wanted to leave. 16 mil for a guy with one year left.

millner - no transfer request. Never publically requested to leave. Not saying he was sold against his will, but wasn't campaigning for a switch either. Got a ransom for him too. Double what we paid for him.

downing -bought him on a crutch, got one good year out of him and sold him for a ransom. Ask Liverpool if they think they got 20 mil worth of play from him.

yorke - whole different regime.

cahil - Blame MON for this. Never allowed Cahill to reach his potential here. Refused to play him. Cahill didn't go chasing the cash when he left us either. We were a becoming a top 6 side, and he went to Bolton. He wanted to play.

Every player who left for big money during the RL era had three things in common. All left for far more than what we purchased them for. Few lived up to the price tags we sold them for. Most of all: THEY WERE ENGLISH.

Don't forget that.

weefergus    7

Tbh i think he will be here for at least another season after this one if not more and i am generally correct about all things in life 99 percent of the time so no worries here

Skyba    246

I think people unfairly blame lerner for this. Yorke left long before Lerner but if I remember rightly he wasnt the least bit reluctant to join Utd. All the others with the possible exception of Cahill wanted to leave, and Lerner got good prices for them considering some were in the last year's of there contract. As for Cahill considering what we got for him, and considering his wages were probably very low by the rest of the squads wages, we can only assume that the decision to sell him rested soley with MON.

And for those that will say they left because the club showed a lack of ambition, Lerner invested a lot of money when he came here and it didn't work, so now he is trying a new approach which I think will put us in a good position when FFP kicks in.

The question you have to ask us not how much we sold them for and if they asked to leave its WHY!! Why did they ask to leave, why did they turn down a contract etc.

Barry : I can totally understand why he left, he wanted more and he gave us 10 good years and will always be welcome back, but will always get a little stick but its all good banter.

Young : did he turn down the contract because it wasn't big enough or because she couldn't see us going on to win??

Yorke : went because he wanted bigger things but also because Ellis would never have turned down the money

Cahill was not going to get the chance and I don't blame MON we had a quality defence and Cahill wasn't prepared to wait.

Downing is just an arse

Milner I firmly believe was sold by Lerner and I feel this has a big part in MON leaving.

All these players bar yorke and Cahill left for bigger things because they know something we don't. We'll never know

One thing is certain we're doing it in a budget now and that's down to Lerner, Lerner has very little interest in us nowadays also. I think the players who left could see this and it may have factored into their decisions.

Lerner has a big part to play in taking us forward if he wants to but he also cannot shy away from the part he played in our decline.

By we must all look forward now and I personally believe the future is bright and I also believe this will have less to do with Lerner and more to do with lambert. I think the days of our leader bein in the stands and cheering us on are firmly behind us.

Skyba    246

if villa were offered 15-18m then the bid would be accepted

Don't be so fecking silly, we've just signed him, he obviously fits in with lamberts plan, he fits within the wage structure and most importantly of all he has a long contract.

It would take a £30m bid to get him from us.

morerattled    61

nobody is gonna offer 30m, lets knock that on the head right now. Liverpool only offer mega money for unproven talent and we ain't got a pot to p*ss in

Skyba    246

nobody is gonna offer 30m, lets knock that on the head right now. Liverpool only offer mega money for unproven talent and we ain't got a pot to p*ss in

Nobody is stating that this is what someone will pay for him or what we want to happen, all we're stating is that it would take a substantial bid like this for us to accept and that's not happening.

B6!    631

The question you have to ask us not how much we sold them for and if they asked to leave its WHY!! Why did they ask to leave, why did they turn down a contract etc.

Barry : I can totally understand why he left, he wanted more and he gave us 10 good years and will always be welcome back, but will always get a little stick but its all good banter.

Young : did he turn down the contract because it wasn't big enough or because she couldn't see us going on to win??

Yorke : went because he wanted bigger things but also because Ellis would never have turned down the money

Cahill was not going to get the chance and I don't blame MON we had a quality defence and Cahill wasn't prepared to wait.

Downing is just an arse

Milner I firmly believe was sold by Lerner and I feel this has a big part in MON leaving.

All these players bar yorke and Cahill left for bigger things because they know something we don't. We'll never know

One thing is certain we're doing it in a budget now and that's down to Lerner, Lerner has very little interest in us nowadays also. I think the players who left could see this and it may have factored into their decisions.

Lerner has a big part to play in taking us forward if he wants to but he also cannot shy away from the part he played in our decline.

By we must all look forward now and I personally believe the future is bright and I also believe this will have less to do with Lerner and more to do with lambert. I think the days of our leader bein in the stands and cheering us on are firmly behind us.

More unproven bullshit quotes from Skyba.

Let me ask you one question Skyba.........

What percent of your money have you put into Aston Villa football club in the last 6 years ?

The reason I say percent is to make it more fair to you and pro rata !!! my guess is that you may have purchased a shirt at c£50 and if you did that for the last 6 years that would be £300 !!!!

How can you constantly slate a man who has put net millions in ?

On a previous thread (US election) you told me if I don't vote I have no right to complain !!! All you do is fuckung whinge about Lerner so unless you are prepared to put your money where your mouth is, take the advice you gave me,wind your neck in and stop slating a man who has invested millions in Aston Villa football club when your contribution is two parts of f*ck all.

• Upvote 1

ak47deol    177

talking out of your arse Mate!

LOLL

Would take 25m but nobody will come in for him till the summer anyway. He has only played a handful of games

edders    1

Nobody is going to bid for him in January, but anyone who wouldn't accept £15million for him needs their head checking. Faulkner/Lerner/Lambert included.

Skyba    246

More unproven bullshit quotes from Skyba.

Let me ask you one question Skyba.........

What percent of your money have you put into Aston Villa football club in the last 6 years ?

The reason I say percent is to make it more fair to you and pro rata !!! my guess is that you may have purchased a shirt at c£50 and if you did that for the last 6 years that would be £300 !!!!

How can you constantly slate a man who has put net millions in ?

On a previous thread (US election) you told me if I don't vote I have no right to complain !!! All you do is fuckung whinge about Lerner so unless you are prepared to put your money where your mouth is, take the advice you gave me,wind your neck in and stop slating a man who has invested millions in Aston Villa football club when your contribution is two parts of f*ck all.

If you work out what he's invested and what he's invested and what the club has generated over the last few seasons he's not invests much.

Also for me to attend 1 game it equals a quater of what you pay for your ST, and in previous years that's equated to 100% of my weekly income.

So when I attended a game last it equated to about 2% of my yearly income, if you work out what he's invested and what he has recouped on transfers and prizes, it's been said many times before that he's probably only invested around 20-50m the exact figures non of us will know and most of this he will get back when he sells he's invested bugger all.

That is if you would like to get technical. Also if you want to get really technical it's a company owned by Lerner that has invested so he has invested exactly 0% of his personal wealth.

Or you could jus wind your neck in and stop tying to create and argument because someone has an opinion you don't like.

AnneMc    265

Nobody is going to bid for him in January, but anyone who wouldn't accept £15million for him needs their head checking. Faulkner/Lerner/Lambert included.

Seriously? I despair. Benteke comes in and Bent's deemed surplus to requirements by many and now we should consider an imaginary £15 million bid for Benteke? Why? Because Weimann bagged a brace? We need to strengthen our squad, not consider depleting it.

AnneMc    265

If you work out what he's invested and what he's invested and what the club has generated over the last few seasons he's not invests much.

Also for me to attend 1 game it equals a quater of what you pay for your ST, and in previous years that's equated to 100% of my weekly income.

So when I attended a game last it equated to about 2% of my yearly income, if you work out what he's invested and what he has recouped on transfers and prizes, it's been said many times before that he's probably only invested around 20-50m the exact figures non of us will know and most of this he will get back when he sells he's invested bugger all.

That is if you would like to get technical. Also if you want to get really technical it's a company owned by Lerner that has invested so he has invested exactly 0% of his personal wealth.

Or you could jus wind your neck in and stop tying to create and argument because someone has an opinion you don't like.

Skyba, at the risk of being deemed pedantic, if you're paying that much money to attend one game, you're doing something wrong. Even if you bought the dearest ticket in the house for a category A game, it wouldn't cost anywhere close to the figure you suggest. I often get good train prices from Bristol to Birmingham. Try thetrainline.com.

ak47deol    177

You would sell him for him 15m? Your the one that needs his head checking mate!

Skyba    246

Skyba, at the risk of being deemed pedantic, if you're paying that much money to attend one game, you're doing something wrong. Even if you bought the dearest ticket in the house for a category A game, it wouldn't cost anywhere close to the figure you suggest. I often get good train prices from Bristol to Birmingham. Try thetrainline.com.

This is based on travelling from Cornwall, also I don't travel by train unless unavoidable due to medical complications.

Also at the moment watching the villa isnt high on my expenditure list, I'm self employed so like at the moment I can be taking home £700 a week but then I could go 10 weeks without anything, swings and roundabouts, also dry spare penny I get at the minute is going towards a deposit for a house.

I'd love to get an ST and go every week but with work the way it is and the cost if everything it's just not possible. I'll get to a few games this year though.