Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Andreas Weimann (2010-15)

Loyalvillan    584

Was just about to say the same mate! Looking good!

lets hope his carrys his form in to the league on against Fulham!

B6!    631

Thats what Bent thought aswel lol

Yes but Benteke did it at international level lol.

Peever    238

Just saw the video and agree with a point made about it on a FB page..."LOok at the service we dont provide" .

hOltENdR    105

to me benteke is like bent in some ways, he feeds off quality service, something he gets in spades for belgium, he did have MANY chances to score before he actually did in both games over the weekend... he doesnt and wont get that many chances for villa unfortunately....

that said, some of his link up play was a joy to watch, if he and bent can form a good understanding we are onto a winner... will they get the chance to form that partnership as PL seems to favour play 1 or the other atm?.

B6!    631

to me benteke is like bent in some ways, he feeds off quality service, something he gets in spades for belgium, he did have MANY chances to score before he actually did in both games over the weekend... he doesnt and wont get that many chances for villa unfortunately....

that said, some of his link up play was a joy to watch, if he and bent can form a good understanding we are onto a winner... will they get the chance to form that partnership as PL seems to favour play 1 or the other atm?.

With the height that Benteke has and Albrighton fit again maybe if Albrighton crossed the ball into the box Benteke could get on the end of it and any scraps DB could put in the net ??

Peever    238

You have to be the most negative person..... What are you like 12?

Benteke has come out of no where really and is on a 4 year deal (Ithink?) he is not going anywhere anytime soon. Unless someone comes in and offers 30+ mil in January.... But I doubt that will happen

Larry-AV    83

In view of the experience we had with MON's efforts to build and maintain a team being undermined, I think it is a fair question to ask, albeit very early in the day (literally !).

We have to ask Randy Lerner the question : just how ambitious are you for Aston Villa ?

His answer will not just affect Benteke's time at Aston Villa, it could cover other players too.

Remember that Paul Lambert is on a three year contract, so as we know to our cost, it could also affect the Manager.

Rawly1966    167

If we got offered 30 million in Jan he would be sold.

But we won't , so he's staying ,,,

B6!    631

But we won't , so he's staying ,,,

Glad you could read between the lines !

B6!    631

If we continue to improve and begin to challenge he'll have no reason to go.

A 4 year contract says he has to stay for a while.

freddy    155

thought the lad done real well yesterday----hustling and bustling----Smalling and Rio knew they had been in a game thats for sure,

Rio was up to his ol tricks of being in the ref,s face whenever he lost a challenge and thats a sure sign--and i do swear that werent a foul what led to their first dam goal,

luvved the stepover when he let the ball run thru for Stephen Ireland (hows about him too yesterday---burnt himself out for the claret and blue)

that led to the second goal.---furthermore i was real impressed at the look of anguish on Christian,s face a couple of times when the ball did,nt run through to him----its been a while since i seen such anguish on a Villa players mush!!

this kid is a Hungry Young Lion and thats the best kind----have no doubt-----reminded me of former great number 9,s in that Villa tradition----Tony Hateley,Sammy Morgan, and Andy Lockhead, Peter Withe and Andy Gray----there,s some of them all in him.

should anyone come a knocking Lambo tell em ----hands off he,s ours, :thumbup:

How long do you think it will take before a top four team buys benteke?

just like:

barry

young

millner

downing

yorke

cahil

I think people unfairly blame lerner for this. Yorke left long before Lerner but if I remember rightly he wasnt the least bit reluctant to join Utd. All the others with the possible exception of Cahill wanted to leave, and Lerner got good prices for them considering some were in the last year's of there contract. As for Cahill considering what we got for him, and considering his wages were probably very low by the rest of the squads wages, we can only assume that the decision to sell him rested soley with MON.

And for those that will say they left because the club showed a lack of ambition, Lerner invested a lot of money when he came here and it didn't work, so now he is trying a new approach which I think will put us in a good position when FFP kicks in.

How long do you think it will take before a top four team buys benteke?

just like:

barry

young

millner

downing

yorke

cahil

I think people unfairly blame lerner for this. Yorke left long before Lerner but if I remember rightly he wasnt the least bit reluctant to join Utd. All the others with the possible exception of Cahill wanted to leave, and Lerner got good prices for them considering some were in the last year's of there contract. As for Cahill considering what we got for him, and considering his wages were probably very low by the rest of the squads wages, we can only assume that the decision to sell him rested soley with MON.

And for those that will say they left because the club showed a lack of ambition, Lerner invested a lot of money when he came here and it didn't work, so now he is trying a new approach which I think will put us in a good position when FFP kicks in.