Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Andreas Weimann (2010-15)

268 posts in this topic

I think thats a bit harsh Mate, Weinamm is a product of our academy and even though he did not really meet the standard required we should wish him well and thank him for some really important goals he scored!!

Remember Respect and Loyalty is a 2 way street!

My loyalty is to the club and not to any individual player who at the drop of a hat will go elsewhere when offered a better deal.

I also think you have claret and blue blinkers on because his performances since gaining a new contract paid by you and I through the support of our club dropped dramatically, not that they were much good in the first place so you'll forgive me if I'm allowed to voice my opinion without being patronised concerning my loyalty.

My loyalty is to the club and not to any individual player who at the drop of a hat will go elsewhere when offered a better deal.

I also think you have claret and blue blinkers on because his performances since gaining a new contract paid by you and I through the support of our club dropped dramatically, not that they were much good in the first place so you'll forgive me if I'm allowed to voice my opinion without being patronised concerning my loyalty.

I was not being patronising in any way, i was just pointing out MY OPINION!!

I never once said you were not permitted to do so either!!?? my point is valid!

Weinamm is a product of our academy and even though he did not really meet the standard required we should wish him well and thank him for some really important goals he scored!!

clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

I was not being patronising in any way, i was just pointing out MY OPINION!!

I never once said you were not permitted to do so either!!?? my point is valid!

Of course your opinion and point is as valid as the next poster on site. I'm not disputing your right to post an opinion. I'm disputing your point on showing loyalty and respect to any player when time and time again the majority of players have never shown either of those two traits to the fans or the club. Generally the players play for money and to further their careers while everything else is secondary so why should we respect something that just isn't there?

Of course your opinion and point is as valid as the next poster on site. I'm not disputing your right to post an opinion. I'm disputing your point on showing loyalty and respect to any player when time and time again the majority of players have never shown either of those two traits to the fans or the club. Generally the players play for money and to further their careers while everything else is secondary so why should we respect something that just isn't there?

my main point if you want to get into this was your clear disdain for a player who has been at Villa for a decent spell and did his best!! but like other players has fallen foul of management changes/poor tactics etc etc!

to dismiss him so coldly is behaviour akin to the " Players that play for money" you speak of!!

as fans we dispise the modern game and players lack of loyalty!! and regardless of anything Weinmann did his best!! and now he has been moved on by the new Manager i feel it is only just and right to wish him the best instead of dismissing and labeling him!

Whats right is right, and for the record i think (on this occasion) you are wrong! sorry!

my main point if you want to get into this was your clear disdain for a player who has been at Villa for a decent spell and did his best!! but like other players has fallen foul of management changes/poor tactics etc etc!

to dismiss him so coldly is behaviour akin to the " Players that play for money" you speak of!!

as fans we dispise the modern game and players lack of loyalty!! and regardless of anything Weinmann did his best!! and now he has been moved on by the new Manager i feel it is only just and right to wish him the best instead of dismissing and labeling him!

Whats right is right, and for the record i think (on this occasion) you are wrong! sorry!

To deal with your first point the reason why the new manager has sold Weimann is due to his lack of ability and not due to management changes or poor tactics. To even suggest that is wearing claret & blue blinkers and lacking objectivity.

Secondly do you think that if a top six club had come in for Weimann and offered him better wages than he was getting here he would have given a toss about loyalty to the club or fans? Remember in a previous post you said loyalty was a two way street. Sorry but that's rubbish and synonymous with the soft heart this club has had for far too long.

Lastly I didn't label him with anything other than stating I was glad he was gone because he has contributed very little in his time with us and we need someone better to move us forward.

Whether you or I think that opinion is right or wrong really doesn't matter because the manager's actions in dropping Weimann when he came to the club and then moving him on at the first opportunity speaks for themselves.

To deal with your first point the reason why the new manager has sold Weimann is due to his lack of ability and not due to management changes or poor tactics. To even suggest that is wearing claret & blue blinkers and lacking objectivity.

Secondly do you think that if a top six club had come in for Weimann and offered him better wages than he was getting here he would have given a toss about loyalty to the club or fans? Remember in a previous post you said loyalty was a two way street. Sorry but that's rubbish and synonymous with the soft heart this club has had for far too long.

Lastly I didn't label him with anything other than stating I was glad he was gone because he has contributed very little in his time with us and we need someone better to move us forward.

Whether you or I think that opinion is right or wrong really doesn't matter because the manager's actions in dropping Weimann when he came to the club and then moving him on at the first opportunity speaks for themselves.

agree to disagree then i suppose!

The good thing for me is that Sherwood has identified those players he feels are not good enough and is looking to move them on - there will be a few more out the door yet and long overdue.

I don't think anyone wishes weimann ill but ultimately he is not good enough for villa.

The day gabby leaves I will throw a huge party

blowing-a-kazoo-smiley-emoticon.gif

Gabby does need to go also Eastie.

As a previous media report stated he has become part of the furniture at Villa Park so much so in fact that his arrogance on the pitch has been born out of being too dam comfortable.

Publicly Sherwood likes him to keep on the side of the fan base but privately if say one of the promoted teams made an offer of around 5m-6m for him then I think Sherwood would sell.

Gabby does need to go also Eastie.

As a previous media report stated he has become part of the furniture at Villa Park so much so in fact that his arrogance on the pitch has been born out of being too dam comfortable.

Publicly Sherwood likes him to keep on the side of the fan base but privately if say one of the promoted teams made an offer of around 5m-6m for him then I think Sherwood would sell.

I'd sell him for far less than that mate - problem is he has a long cushy contract and will probably prefer to pick up easy money in the reserves .

Nobody will match his contract in my view and don't think he's the sort to take a wage drop .

The decision to give him a new long deal was utterly ludicrous being-confused-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'd sell him for far less than that mate - problem is he has a long cushy contract and will probably prefer to pick up easy money in the reserves .

Nobody will match his contract in my view and don't think he's the sort to take a wage drop .

The decision to give him a new long deal was utterly ludicrous being-confused-smiley-emoticon.gif

One of many mate. Richards has also been given a lengthy contract which with his injury record is rather generous. But hopefully he spends more of that contract on the pitch than off it. If so then we've got a good deal on our hands.

Has Joe Cole been released or is he going to be retained?

Not sure on Cole - regarding Richards I think his injury record tends to be overplayed at times - he was fit at city for a long time apart from the injuries but just kept out of the team by top internationals in his position .

Cole may have another year on his contract I think.

sh*t I thought we signed Cole on a one year contract. Could have got his wages off the books too.

sh*t I thought we signed Cole on a one year contract. Could have got his wages off the books too.

i thought it was a one year with an option for a 2nd?? who knows with Villa though!! most things are shrouded with secrecy from top to bottom!

i thought it was a one year with an option for a 2nd?? who knows with Villa though!! most things are shrouded with secrecy from top to bottom!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10888404/Joe-Cole-joins-Aston-Villa-on-two-year-deal.html

Aston Villa have signed free agent Joe Cole on a two-year deal.

Manager Paul Lambert wants to add experience to his young squad and believes Cole's ability to retain possession could aid his side.

The 32-year-old is the club's second signing of the summer after Philippe Senderos.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2653818/Joe-Cole-joins-Aston-Villa-two-year-deal-ex-West-Ham-man-completes-medical.html#ixzz3eI51fhgo

Cole might play in cup games but under Sherwood his appearances will probably be very limited. Could even be loaned out for the remainder of his contract?