Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Fabian Delph (2009-15)

146 posts in this topic

regardless of your opinion of Delph as a player this is a big boost for the Team and Club...Not sure if it is Lambert, Lerner or Fox but in the last few seasons we have managed to hold on to key players (Benteke & Delph) when we all expected to lose them to the vultures

Note- i am aware Fox was not around when Benteke signed

regardless of your opinion of Delph as a player this is a big boost for the Team and Club...Not sure if it is Lambert, Lerner or Fox but in the last few seasons we have managed to hold on to key players (Benteke & Delph) when we all expected to lose them to the vultures

Note- i am aware Fox was not around when Benteke signed

Agree mate it is nice that we are able to keep our better players regardless of what I think of Delph he is important to our team. It makes a nice

Change from the times of young, Milner and as far back as Yorke going if we are going to progress we need to keep hold of our better players.

Sorry mate it appears that I took your 'that's the beauty of forums' comment wrongly. I'm not a big fan of people automatically bringing out the 'this is a forum' card whenever someone disagrees with something they say. Think it's counterproductive for a healthy discussion.

Never mind eh. Apologies if you thought I was being funny.

I accept that I am as much to blame as you and apologise for being too quick to judge. I've noticed this happens a lot in this forum and it's probably because we are all committed to AV getting back to where it should be. Have a great day mate and come on you mighty Villans.

yes lifes to short to come funny with each other

Not being funny, but it is 'life's too short'. smartass-smiley-face.gif

you comin funny Larry ?

Delph signing a new contract has obviously freed up a little cash, we dont need to waste 8m on not so clever clev :wank2:

Delph signing a new contract has obviously freed up a little cash, we dont need to waste 8m on not so clever clev :wank2:

Maybe that's why we could put in a bid for Ba?

Back on topic I'm another who doesn't rate Delph as much as others but it was a fantastic gesture on his part to stay and if we still don't improve by next season then any interested parties will have to pay far more than the quoted 4m which will pay the club for the time and patience they have shown him.

It also just goes to show there is no wage cap in place for the right players.

Like others I now hope we are going to send Cleverley back with a thanks, but, no thanks.

Like others I now hope we are going to send Cleverley back with a thanks, but, no thanks.

Aye, I wouldn't even start him any more with the other midfielders we have.

Have to admit I'm a Delph fan, he's one of the few players we have that I actually enjoy watching. That could be as much due to having players as mediocre as Not-so-Cleverley around him, but I think he has a bit of skill, is a fair bit more dynamic than the rest of our midfield and he also always shows a lot of commitment to the cause. Have to admit, I've not seen Gil live yet so can't say anything about him, but based on what I've heard from others I'm going to like the look of him.

Has grown into the player we all thought he could when we bought him!!

Was a monster today and he Cleverly and Westy getting a little understanding going on!!

If this midfield blooms maybe Cleverly is a player to retain at all costs??

Has grown into the player we all thought he could when we bought him!!

Was a monster today and he Cleverly and Westy getting a little understanding going on!!

If this midfield blooms maybe Cleverly is a player to retain at all costs??

Still think he will get better as he will grow more in confidence now he has bagged a couple of goals

Westwood often the scapegoat but, if you watch him carefully, his first touch is often a thing of beauty.

I love him and don't believe he's going anywhere.

Cleverley has blossomed but wouldn't keep him 'at any cost'.

Delph has improved too but totally overreacted again today. That rashness needs to be eradicated from his game, especially if he's going to retain the armband.

Westwood often the scapegoat but, if you watch him carefully, his first touch is often a thing of beauty.

I love him and don't believe he's going anywhere.

Cleverley has blossomed but wouldn't keep him 'at any cost'.

Delph has improved too but totally overreacted again today. That rashness needs to be eradicated from his game, especially if he's going to retain the armband.

Westwood since the Semi Final has been brilliant and today his first touch was top class, great to see him stepping it up. Better for the squad as now Sanchez has to improve to get his place back

Bit harsh on Delph over reacting, im assuming it was the McCarthy incident Anne?

Can't lay too much blame on Delph today he was battered 3 times in a row with nothing called. I imagine any player would lose their cool in that situation.

Was class today and for those who still want Milner back, why, when we have the new and younger model.

Have to agree with Sherwood when he says that Delph is the best midfielder in the prem right now. Thought he was great yesterday and certainly played his part in winning the midfield battle

grown so much as a player over the past 2-3 years just needs to add goals to his game to become a complete midfielder

yes apart from sherwood replacing lambert

i would say delph signing a new contract has been the 2nd best thing to happen this season

and it shows that not all modern day footballers are the same

and since signing the new contract announced 5 minutes before we played bournemouth in the 4th round

he has got better and better and will surely be the 1st name on the teamsheet for england from now on

Hodgson was there on sat so a few players did themselves no harm .

Still worries me with his trickery...seems on the verge of losing the ball every time!! lol

Turning into a class player

Still worries me with his trickery...seems on the verge of losing the ball every time!! lol

Turning into a class player

Have to agree but all that trickery seems to be coming off at the minute whereas earlier in the season it wasn't and goals were conceded as a direct result.

Everyone seems to be talking about how good he is. Been on a few different fans forums this week and they're all raving about him and how they would like him at their club/s

have to admire the lad for his honesty and loyalty signing that new contract,especially(1) considering where we were football wise, at that time(2) with the 3 Lions on the horizon--, he could have waited and gone on to a top 6 club,

Fabian is a rare commodity in the famous game these often greed orientated days,-- the way he is playing and linking with Westy T.C. Jack and Benteke is a joy to watch---

he impressed me at Leeds when just a kid---and I,ll never forget him remonstrating at Bloomfield Rd from the dug-out at a couple of home fans trying to take the p**** out of The Famous Aston Villa---this lad luvs AVFC---have no doubt!!

keep up the good work Fabian lad----you are becoming the pulse of our Great Club!!!!!!

Got to love a player when they pledge their future to our great club especially when they are as good as Delph is. Fabian felt he owed the club so signed the new deal. Extremely refreshing to see given the greed that most players show these days.