Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Fabian Delph (2009-15)

Lets hope he and Villa can work out a deal, but i dont see him wanting to take a cut in pay or even remain on his reported 55k! this could be a stumbling block, but hopefully his performances will continue and we can get him signed before the end of the season

Hopefully we can resign him, but if we can't we can thank MON for his god awful wages. If Delph is on 55k a week, you could understand him wanting a raise due to his play.

I may well get slated for this but here goes.......I don't think any of our midfield are particularly good, yes Delph has improved and at least now looks a prospect but our possession stats would bear out the fact I believe they are all wasteful in possession, the serious lack of goals from midfield would suggest none of them can shoot and as for delph.... yes he goes on some mazy runs but nearly always loses possession at the end of it.

Work rate I wouldn't fault one of them but I think midfield is the weakest part of our team and every single one of them needs to improve if we are to get anywhere as a club. It's all part of the on going rebuild but for me it is the area requiring the biggest improvement.

I may well get slated for this but here goes.......I don't think any of our midfield are particularly good, yes Delph has improved and at least now looks a prospect but our possession stats would bear out the fact I believe they are all wasteful in possession, the serious lack of goals from midfield would suggest none of them can shoot and as for delph.... yes he goes on some mazy runs but nearly always loses possession at the end of it.

Work rate I wouldn't fault one of them but I think midfield is the weakest part of our team and every single one of them needs to improve if we are to get anywhere as a club. It's all part of the on going rebuild but for me it is the area requiring the biggest improvement.

Our midfield is seriously weak. Imagine 2 solid players alongside Delph?

Unlucky that Lambert seems to love Westwood and Ahmadi even though Sylla looks very impressive

Martin Laurence from WhoScored.com just tweeted these impressive stats:

• Delph's dribble success rate is 21.2% better than Lionel Messi
  • Delph has a better aerial success rate (61%) than David Luiz (43%)

need to start looking at opening discussions with Delph to test the water on his intentions, and if the signs are not encouraging then look at possible transfer replacements

need to start looking at opening discussions with Delph to test the water on his intentions, and if the signs are not encouraging then look at possible transfer replacements

I would be shocked if they havent tried to sign him down to a 5year deal by the end of feb

What sort of wages is he on ?

If he is already on around £40,000 a week I can't see him getting more.

Think he is on more than that, think it is closer to 55k..
Well if he's on that much he defo won't get a pay rise.

Well if he's on that much he defo won't get a pay rise.

Supposed to be £55,000. He's not worth any more than that.

I believe he deserves to match Christian Benteke's reported 60k, He doesn't get the goals like Benteke but i think overall he is more influential in games.

Would like to think that he could show some loyalty and sign a new deal as he has been with 4 years or so and he's only just starting to come good/pay back what we paid out for him, know it doesn't work like that in this day and age but just my opinion.

Surely there must be a few big boys looking at him. Would suit Utd imo

Here we go again !!!!

Aston Villa are BIG BOYS too - Man United can GTF !

Delph is out of contract at the end of the season, why have talks not started yet or is this a bad sign?

Delph is out of contract at the end of the season, why have talks not started yet or is this a bad sign?

Was thinking the same thing yday. Need to get him signed up long term as soon as possible as surely a few big boys will start watching him(man utd)

Was thinking the same thing yday. Need to get him signed up long term as soon as possible as surely a few big boys will start watching him(man utd)

it will be a real big litmus test to the true ambitions of the owners. We have all talked about our young players and what will happen when they start hitting their potential, if we sale them or move the club forward as a footballing team.

Obviously I seriously hope we get round a table with him very soon and start getting some numbers in front of him. He's a "must keep" for the team.