Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Fabian Delph (2009-15)

146 posts in this topic

Think he is on more than that, think it is closer to 55k..
Well if he's on that much he defo won't get a pay rise.

Well if he's on that much he defo won't get a pay rise.

Supposed to be £55,000. He's not worth any more than that.

Supposed to be £55,000. He's not worth any more than that.

I agree....at our level that's a good salary.

I believe he deserves to match Christian Benteke's reported 60k, He doesn't get the goals like Benteke but i think overall he is more influential in games.

Would like to think that he could show some loyalty and sign a new deal as he has been with 4 years or so and he's only just starting to come good/pay back what we paid out for him, know it doesn't work like that in this day and age but just my opinion.

Heard he is on around 40k. Cant see him being on more then that tbf

Surely there must be a few big boys looking at him. Would suit Utd imo

Here we go again !!!!

Aston Villa are BIG BOYS too - Man United can GTF !

Delph is out of contract at the end of the season, why have talks not started yet or is this a bad sign?

Delph is out of contract at the end of the season, why have talks not started yet or is this a bad sign?

Was thinking the same thing yday. Need to get him signed up long term as soon as possible as surely a few big boys will start watching him(man utd)

Was thinking the same thing yday. Need to get him signed up long term as soon as possible as surely a few big boys will start watching him(man utd)

it will be a real big litmus test to the true ambitions of the owners. We have all talked about our young players and what will happen when they start hitting their potential, if we sale them or move the club forward as a footballing team.

Obviously I seriously hope we get round a table with him very soon and start getting some numbers in front of him. He's a "must keep" for the team.

to me he is a vital component in the resurgent Aston Villa-----its about time they got around the table if his contract terminates at the end of the season---

this will be a big big test for the owner and will give a clear indication of his intentions and our clubs future----should the lad be sold then a replacement of equal quality /potential must be brought in---

Delph has clearly shown his class this season ----and seems to have matured of late with yellows seemingly not now just waiting to happen,

"sign him up sign him up"

At the end of next season, 2015. And from what I've heard he is earning far above average, will he be happy with the same amount of money in the future?

Hes on big money compared to the rest if the squad, he won't get more from villa due to wage structure so he will be off.

Hes on big money compared to the rest if the squad, he won't get more from villa due to wage structure so he will be off.

from what i have heard Delph is on about 40k, with the restructuring of the finainces at Villa now almost sorted i dont see why we cant offer a new and improved deal!

we can never match the likes of 90k or 120k a week but about 60k is possible for the very best players in the team

from what i have heard Delph is on about 40k, with the restructuring of the finainces at Villa now almost sorted i dont see why we cant offer a new and improved deal! we can never match the likes of 90k or 120k a week but about 60k is possible for the very best players in the team
He could get 80 to 90 elsewhere mate.

thought him and gabby were on 60k-70k
I thought he was already on 60. If he leaves it will be for free and a replacement would be 8 to 10 million, split that over 4 years and that's 40 grand a week

I thought he was already on 60. If he leaves it will be for free and a replacement would be 8 to 10 million, split that over 4 years and that's 40 grand a week

could argue that say the target for the club was like 12th for the season and if we come in 10th they all get a bit of a bumper bonus.

im really not sure about the wage structure but the likes of bent and given, maybe hutton also... will be back in the summer, question is though. if u look at the written off money during the financial year where 90m or so was put in as equity. does that mean that the likes of those players mentioned on MON like wages are written off too, meaning therefore we do have room to give delph a better contract?

i be very surprised if we cant get him to stay. him and gabby are ones all these other team members look up to in my eyes. ambassador of acorns and all that jazz too i think

^ He's a footballer, it's his job, like all of us if someone comes along and offers you more money whist do you do ? 99.9 out of 100 leave.

^ He's a footballer, it's his job, like all of us if someone comes along and offers you more money whist do you do ? 99.9 out of 100 leave.

in about 2 years he will most likely be brilliant, i think hes still learning, 60k i reckon is more than enough and i doubt he get much more other places.

prem league teams that could give him more than 60k

man utd(mata lmao), chelsea(ramires), liverpool(henderson), man city(siva), everton(barkley), arsenal(ramsey), southampton(lalana), spurs(townsend)

im guessing some of those players for those positions so dont lash me out of it if im wrong lol.

he be lucky to get the bench compare to most of those players. i guess im saying i dont think anyone will come in for him and if they do it will be for another club in the same position as villa and not going for champions league or europa.

i was sure Delphs contract ran out at the end of this season?? signed a 5 year deal in August 2009 which expires in August this year! no way he signed a 6 year deal!!

Was watching a programme the other night which featured Lee Hendrie, he was talking about been a young kid suddenly earning 40k a week, which got me to thinking about how far out we could be when discussing wages.

If Villa could pay that sort of money a decade ago without running up debts and turnover since has more than doubled then we and much of the online information about player salaries must be miles out, how else could we be over £100m in debt if bent as our top earner is on the reported £80k at most, in real terms that would be less than Hendrie.

i was sure Delphs contract ran out at the end of this season?? signed a 5 year deal in August 2009 which expires in August this year! no way he signed a 6 year deal!!

He signed a new 4-year-deal in 2011.

He signed a new 4-year-deal in 2011.

oh ok, must have missed that! my bad!

Delph cant be on more then 40-45k imo. Should be pushed up a bit when he signs a new 5year deal hopefully