Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Fabian Delph (2009-15)

The jury has been out on Delph so far but tbf he looked a different player yesterday.

Sharp, nice touch on the ball and full of running. If he continues in the same vein, with a good run in the team, this may be the breakthrough year for him.

Keep it up Fab.

The jury has been out on Delph so far but tbf he looked a different player yesterday.

Sharp, nice touch on the ball and full of running. If he continues in the same vein, with a good run in the team, this may be the breakthrough year for him.

Keep it up Fab.

He looked sharp at first but faded into obscurity as the game progressed,this appeared to be due to the fact that he seemed to be doing all the work..

Petrov does not compliment Delphs style. Delph is a grafter always looking for a way forward...problem is..he passes it to Petrov who then with pinpoint accuracy picks out Collins,Dunn or Given.

With the right support Delph could become an outstanding midfielder..But he does need the support...and he needs it now....!!!!!

Why are we not offering Delph an extension after his quite frankly immense improvement late on?? or is this on the cards?

Why are we not offering Delph an extension after his quite frankly immense improvement late on?? or is this on the cards?

same reason bennet is not gettin one, no consistancy

same reason bennet is not gettin one, no consistancy

I think we are starting to see a Delph free of inury and getting better, he is worth a gamble but as MON signed him i bet his wages are in the 40k range??

I think we are starting to see a Delph free of inury and getting better, he is worth a gamble but as MON signed him i bet his wages are in the 40k range??

i would say ur on the money about the wages, i saw glimpes of him last season that i said yeah happy days, but ther was so many times i wanted him off the pitch, his passing is awful, his running is good but we dont need that in his position, we need a person with an eye like westwood, would love to say sylla but apart from his full heart on the pitch, hes no proper attack about him, i would imagine if albrighton can make the squad which he sounds hungry enough to, delph be lucky to make the bench.

i wish all out players success but theres a time when u have to raise an eyebrow and ask, ARE U HAVING A LAUGH lol

Delph is probably on decent wages already being that he is a MON signing, but IMO he hasn't earned the extension. He was very poor in the first half of the season, he picked up too many yellow cards which hurt us as he got suspended at a very bad time, and most of all I don't think the ceiling is that high for him.

Loads of effort, but the quality is lackin on the ball. His touch is very poor. Too many times he worked so hard getting into the final third, we would think he was making a great run, and then he lost the ball because his control is poor.

I think he needs to show PL that he can be more disciplined in his tackling, improve on the ball, and most of all, be consistent. Lambert has shown that he will commit to the young players. If Delph earns it, he'll get it.

It's funny how different people see the same thing in a different light, I actually think he's got pretty good feet which have helped him skip around people a fair bit when in tight areas. Gets a lot of yellows admittedly but rather a fella having a crack than not so prepared to forgive him for that.

Delph has had 2 years of injury at a key time in his career. Just when he should be breaking into the first team and learning his trade. As he gains more experience he will get better.

I think we seen in the second half of last season how much he was improving.

if he carries on where he finished last season the he will be a key player for us.

Delph has had 2 years of injury at a key time in his career. Just when he should be breaking into the first team and learning his trade. As he gains more experience he will get better. I think we seen in the second half of last season how much he was improving. if he carries on where he finished last season the he will be a key player for us.
I agree, for me, one of our players of the season.

one of these players that frustrates me, was deff lot better last year, but this lad should be at a level where he he is challenging for the plane to rio, he could bbe that good

I think he was one of our best performers in the tail-end of last season and formed a pretty damn good midfield trio with Sylla and Westwood, they absolutely bossed Chelsea. But he has two years left on his contract and is on, I'd assume, ~£30,000pw which is enough for now?