FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Brad Guzan (2008-2016)

avstu

this is why we have competition for the spot, i expect Given to come back in for the Arsenal game and see it as his chance to recliam the 1 spot!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is why we have competition for the spot, i expect Given to come back in for the Arsenal game and see it as his chance to recliam the 1 spot!

Lambert's a stubborn soul. I'm not banking on seeing Given between the sticks next weekend.

2426f5x.png

Lambert's a stubborn soul. I'm not banking on seeing Given between the sticks next weekend.

but when he has options he is not scared to use them look at Bent! and i am sure when the inevitable injuries come Bent will be hungrier than ever!!

even if it is only to impress then demand a move away!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Yesterday would have been no different with Given. Guzan was not the reason for the loss. Two pens, and Agueros goal was perfectly placed. Given is worse against set pieces than Guzan, so that wouldn't have changed the first. The 5th was poor defending.

Givens best days are well passed him. He's slower and doesn't command the box well enough. Guzan is still the better option.

It's the first time in Guzans career he's gotten regular play, and overall he's done pretty good. Being stuck behind Friedel, Given, and Howard on the national team for his career up to this season can't be easy.

I don't see PL changing anyways.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

This isnt me saying Given should be playing. This is me saying that a new goalkeeper should be on the list for either January or the summer.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Given should play against Arsenal. Guzan has been ok, but was poor against City. He´s not used to this kind of pressure, let him rest... I don´t think we will need to shop on goalkeeper market, there are bigger problems elsewhere, our goalkeepers will be just fine on the long run.

Given should play against Arsenal. Guzan has been ok, but was poor against City. He´s not used to this kind of pressure, let him rest... I don´t think we will need to shop on goalkeeper market, there are bigger problems elsewhere, our goalkeepers will be just fine on the long run.

Totally disagree, Guzan should start.

Who's fault is it when the opposition score ?

The keeper generally gets the blame, but where was the defenders who should have stopped the shot ? Where was the midfield who should have stopped the ball getting through to the defence ?

Get my drift ?

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Totally disagree, Guzan should start.

Who's fault is it when the opposition score ?

The keeper generally gets the blame, but where was the defenders who should have stopped the shot ? Where was the midfield who should have stopped the ball getting through to the defence ?

Get my drift ?

Exactly. Two penalties and a great shot by Aguero. We have been poor against set pieces with Given and Guzan. Switching GK's won't change that.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

Guzan was at fault for the 5th, his awareness of his own position in relation the the goal post was poor, should have had that one covered!

but apart from that not much else he could do i suppose?

Problem we have is both our keepers are good shot stoppers and that's we're it ends.

Neither are fantastic when it comes to crossing or holding onto the ball. There vision and kicking is p*ss poor.

They say a good goalkeeper will earn you 6-12 points a season. I can't say either of the two we have would do this.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Archived