avstu

Brad Guzan (2008-2016)

Darc    2

Guzan has come on for the 2nd half in a USA friendly vs Belgium, his centre half has put him in the sh*t and he has just conceded a tap in to Benteke.

AVFC nigel    29

I wouldn't retract my opinions on him as such. Always said he is a great shot stopper, pulling out some world class saves during the season. However, he always has a big error in him. Whether that be spilling a shot, completely misjudging a ball (yesterday) or poor positional sense.

That being said, I have given him credit when he has deserved it. I remember coming on and here and praising him following QPR for example.

I think that can be said of any keeper world wide.

Even the likes of Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton, who are arguably the 2 best keepers ever, imo, made mistakes.

John Gregory was once questioned on the errors David James made. He said (I can't quote) That for every mistake he made he'd stop 20 almost certain goals, and that's what people should focus on.

Guzan is without doubt a top keeper, and will get better.

Remember it's his first full season, behind an inexperienced defence, not easy!!

I would certainly say he's one of the top 5 in the Prem

Loyalvillan    584

Impressive! Guzan has staked his claim to the No1 Jersey in style behind a very skakey defence this season!

Lambert can class the signing of Guzan up there with Westwood and Benteke!

AVFC nigel    29

Interesting reading some of the early posts, Loyal, I think Brad has certainly proved the doubters wrong.

A couple mentioned how he doesn't command the box, and how poor his kicking is. Yet, according to the stats above, he's no 1 and 2 respectively :D

Rawly1966    167
Interesting reading some of the early posts, Loyal, I think Brad has certainly proved the doubters wrong. A couple mentioned how he doesn't command the box, and how poor his kicking is. Yet, according to the stats above, he's no 1 and 2 respectively :D
Yes but early in his villa career he wasn't good at all,, fact

freddy    155

Interesting reading some of the early posts, Loyal, I think Brad has certainly proved the doubters wrong.

A couple mentioned how he doesn't command the box, and how poor his kicking is. Yet, according to the stats above, he's no 1 and 2 respectively :D

thought last season his kicking werent bad --until the last Chelski game----when practically every goal kick from hand "found touch" must have been thinking about the oval ball game,

saw and heard him on numerous occasions commanding his box----and giving out both verbals and praise when the situation demanded,

no doubt in my mind Big Brad gets the nod from me for next season, ;)

AVFC nigel    29

Yes but early in his villa career he wasn't good at all,, fact

It depends what you count as his early Villa career, though?

The odd cup game? I admit he had a couple of dodgy moments.

His reserve matches? By all accounts he was pretty solid in the games he played (hearsay)

If you start it when he actually had a run of games under AMcL. He did really well, and should never have been dropped.

Would say it's more your opinion than 'Fact' though.

Loyalvillan    584

It is good news, what did he signed at the start of the season? was it a 3 yr deal??

RonVlaar4    9

It is good news, what did he signed at the start of the season? was it a 3 yr deal??

Yes, until 2015. Now it's until 2017.

this took me by surprise as i was really expecting to hear benteke signed his deal before pre-season...... not complaining though as my over all best player for last season was guzan..... guess we are gonna sweat about benteke though till after germany. cant see him signing in the next days cause arent they on flights etc..... unless he has signed and its not released but surely they would want to put the rumours to bed.......

B6!    631

Well done to all at Villa for sorting, big brad just needs to earn it now .

Peever    238

Well done to all at Villa for sorting, big brad just needs to earn it now .

Lets hope he doesnt get that syndrome....whats it called...ummm....O right Ireland Syndrome....where you get the pay day and f*ck off