Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

avstu

Brad Guzan (2008-2016)

I have to agree ,,Guzan is in the bottome three keepers in prem and is defiantly not the future for us ,,personally I would put given back in now !

If you believe the OPTA stats, Guzan's the 11th best keeper in the Premier League. Well, he was before the City game.

He's done okay. Don't think it makes any odds really if it's him or Given who, sadly, is past his best.

We have two promising young keepers in the reserves so here's hoping they make the grade.

I felt he was at fault for united 1st aswell - tame shot shouldnt of gone through his legs - dont know why he rushed out

That's what a GK is supposed to do. If a guy is breaking away like that, you have to rush him to reduce the target area for him. Had the shot gone anywhere but through the legs, Brad blocks it. Well placed by Chicharito.

The big guy was excellent today. Those saves at the end of the match were class. With Howard aging very quickly, I really hope Klinsmann gives Guzan the #1 spot for the US squad as well. Haven't even qualified for the WC yet and at this rate, Howard will be a massive liability for the WC.

Great to see that Brad didn't let all those goals over the last two months break him. Many GK's would crumble after experiencing what Guzan has.

The big guy was excellent today. Those saves at the end of the match were class. With Howard aging very quickly, I really hope Klinsmann gives Guzan the #1 spot for the US squad as well. Haven't even qualified for the WC yet and at this rate, Howard will be a massive liability for the WC. Great to see that Brad didn't let all those goals over the last two months break him. Many GK's would crumble after experiencing what Guzan has.
Just come and collect balls into box more Brad !!!! This is your only negative ,,,please command your box

guzan would be alot better if he gave the defence a shout for example when he come outy and clark heade it over and when he ran of his line and more or lesss punched baker

Had my doubts about Guzan but he has deffenitly proved himself worthy of the #1 - he should be more vocal, he usually screams at the defense after we concede, but doesn't do much shouting before when commanding his box. Also id like to see him get down for the low crosses just in front of the 6 yard box.

Had my doubts about Guzan but he has deffenitly proved himself worthy of the #1 - he should be more vocal, he usually screams at the defense after we concede, but doesn't do much shouting before when commanding his box. Also id like to see him get down for the low crosses just in front of the 6 yard box.
With all those points for improvement should he be number 1 lol ?

With all those points for improvement should he be number 1 lol ?
He is the best we have at the moment ,,, my question would be whether givens experience could be vital ? It was last season .

He is the best we have at the moment ,,, my question would be whether givens experience could be vital ? It was last season .
I was taking the p*ss, lol

Guzan been our best player this season, could be needed tonight to make a few saves!

Would not say he has been the best but overall a very good No1 debut season for him

its interesting reading old posts how many people on this one would retract there comments now guzan IMO (if we stay up) would be one of the main reasons why

its interesting reading old posts how many people on this one would retract there comments now guzan IMO (if we stay up) would be one of the main reasons why
I already ate humble pie ,!

Made an error yday which sunderland couldn't capitalise on, wouldnt say we should retract our statements

I wouldn't retract my opinions on him as such. Always said he is a great shot stopper, pulling out some world class saves during the season. However, he always has a big error in him. Whether that be spilling a shot, completely misjudging a ball (yesterday) or poor positional sense.

That being said, I have given him credit when he has deserved it. I remember coming on and here and praising him following QPR for example.