FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Brad Guzan (2008-2016)

avstu

Brad Guzan

Discuss Brad Guzan's Aston Villa career here.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...

Aston Villa have confirmed that they are now awaiting a response from Guzan and his management after offering a new contract to Villa's No2.

I guess its up to him now!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wondering what people think of Guzan on a whole? I personally believe he isnt a good enough EPL goalkeeper and that he is just around at a time that Shay Given is in decline.

Villa have always been able to boast solid defences including a goalkeeper but I just don't get that confidence when I know Guzan is in goal.

Something that always worries me is this is a goalkeeper who was on loan at Hull City last season and couldn't secure a permanent deal despite the fact he was available on a free in the summer.

And then you compare him to other goalkeepers in this league, and I would say he is in the bottom 3-5 keepers in the league easily.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

He definitely had a seriously bad game yesterday, but I think he has had a few really good games as well. The trouble is you need consistency from your keeper and I'm wondering if Guzan was given his chance too late on to reach his full potential. But to be honest i think I feel more nervous with Given. Would love to see us try and steal Butland off SHA as I think he be a serious challenger to Joe Hart as England number in a couple of year's with some prem experience.

Well I always said he was crap,however, a lot of games this season he has saved us, Newcastle for example.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Archived