Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Stiliyan Petrov (2006-2013)

Cant really move this coz people have replied but please put player news on there player profiles please

anyway good news hope he signs a new contract and soon

He told me he wants to head back to Celtic with me.

well petrov is free to go but think u should stay put

what is old randy waiting for Macdonald would be better at his farm rounding sheep thats if the dogs would know what to do after 10 mins! And still he keeps the old dog running when he should be sat by the fire!!.

Anyhow Learner is holding out appointing a new manager till last minute so the new guy wont have time to sigm players ergo no need to realese money. Can understand that we need to get rid of certain players before spending but you have to speculate to accumilate do you not!

Last nights display showed promise and needed a good WIN to recant sundays kick about with the boys in the next street hehe. And yet again we were disapointed Mr macdonald may be a good coach and the lads like him but his tactics were again lacking and yet again we miss a golden oppotunity to score from the spot woeful woeful. Why o why did he keep heskey on for so long it was apparent that things were not going well at 50 mins why did he not change it at 60 , get that old man off and send him up the chippy!. This uncertanty needs to end and quickly also stop listening to ellis who is obviously somehow still affecting what is happeningat villa even if its dismissed, This is a football club they dont run like a company if you lag behind you lose and players have no loyalty if they sense trouble there off!!(to man city).

We are not an academy villa is an old club which was involved in the creation of the football leauge Christ on a bike Randy appoint a manager Firstly who has an idea how to construct a team, secondly you like him, and finally get behind him and dont act the big i am its not baseball and thats only glorified rounders. You own the club, Its your money great, If your unhappy sell the thing and be rid.

Mabye Spar will buy us.

Petrov gets alot of unfair criticism in my opinion. When we beat Arsenal the other week he and Reo-Coker bossed the midfield.

I dont think he gets enough criricism

• Upvote 1

Liverpool wanted to sign him last season.

Well they wanted Barry to replace Alonso so that link doesnt mean anything

• Upvote 1

Well they wanted Barry to replace Alonso so that link doesnt mean anything

Exactly,a lot of people wanted to buy my house, but they meant nothing to me until one actually came up with the funds. Know what I mean? Talk Is Cheap!!!

• Upvote 1

Petrov is past it!

We need to concentrate on the future with the likes of Makoun, Bannan, Delph, I want to attend some home games and see our midfield pick out a forward pass and not do a 360 and pass back to our cb's to hoof it nowhere!

All this talk about Petrov playing backwards constantly is nonsense. He receives the ball, looks up, no forward ball on he will keep possession for the team by knocking it to a team mate. If that player then hooves it forward that is not Stiliyan's fault.

I have seen he play a great diagonal ball down the wings, or an attempted through ball when it was on. But no one can pick out a pass that simply is not there.

Did no one else notice how many more times he played the ball forward when we had a striker that was contstantly moving in Bent? Without Bent the movement we have when going forward is so poor.

Xavi plays the ball backwards and sideways quite often. Do you rate him!? You only play the ball forward when there's an opening, if not you keep posession. Karl's absolutely right, if our centre-halves aren't happy with the ball at their feet that is not Petrov's fault.

Xavi plays the ball backwards and sideways quite often. Do you rate him!? You only play the ball forward when there's an opening, if not you keep posession. Karl's absolutely right, if our centre-halves aren't happy with the ball at their feet that is not Petrov's fault.

With you even putting Xavi's name by Petrov is laughable.

This arguement is going nowhere about Petrov. If we want to struggle by the relegation zone year in year out it will be with Petrov in the team. If we want to move forward and win things we need Petrov out. Simples

I was just using Xavi as an example. In my opinion he's the best midfielder in the world but even he will only play the ball forward when there's an opening. As for pushing on and trying to win things wasn't Petrov captain for the 09/10 season? Wasn't that one of our best seasons in recent years?

I was just using Xavi as an example. In my opinion he's the best midfielder in the world but even he will only play the ball forward when there's an opening. As for pushing on and trying to win things wasn't Petrov captain for the 09/10 season? Wasn't that one of our best seasons in recent years?

Yes it was one of our best seasons. Now imagine if we had a better player then Petrov(there are many) we may well have got into the CL or even won something

You can blame Petrov for us not winning the Carling Cup. I personally blame Phil Dowd. Bad refereeing also stitched us up in the FA Cup semi. As for imagining what might have been with a better player in that position, we could do that all day long with every position on the pitch. We're not Barcelona. Yes there are better players out there than Petrov, but finding a new keeper and a new centre-half and a new left-back are surely more urgent than finding a new centre-mid. In my opinion we've already got good midfielders in Petrov, Makoun and Bannan.