Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Stiliyan Petrov (2006-2013)

avstu    216

Is it just me or does he look to finally the part in the team so far this season. Hes getting stuck in and tbh looks our best midfielder at times at the moment.

I think his confidence is showing also, with the fact hes taking shots on goal from everywhere. Something we have been wanting him to do for some time.

B6!    631

I've always thought he was better than he gets credit for.

Ask the astonvillain he will tell you.

stokevilla3    0

i think he is aware of the board spending money now so he's got to pull his finger out and about time to good competion now in the midfield but i would have to stick with barry in the middle with who ever was doing the buisness

avstu    216

I wouldnt. we have 4 quality center midfielders - thats not including Craig Gardner - so with him thats 5. Dont keep Barry in the side with the belief he 'might' do something.

You pick the 2 best midfield players and at this moment in time Petrov is one of them.

B6!    631

I didn't know you could use the words - quality and Craig Gardner in the same sentance.

Gardner is ok but not quality.

avstu    216

Hes a very good midfielder - you watch his game, you cant deny it one bit. Outplayed Barry in the uefa cup the other day. Always gives his all.

gotta admit Gardner gives his all for us and will get better he is a good solid player for us...personally id now drop Gareth and stick petrov in with NRC as we have Milner on the right

marwe    0

drop barry from the team? no way.. he is excellent and we actually need his passing abilities! petrov is playing really good though.. im betting we will see nrc on the bench next week and i dont think nrc will be pleased at all!

Dont forget the 6 games at the back end of last season too Paul where he was excellent for us ..and Yes drop Barry i thought he was poor Sunday Poor on Wednesday and poor against Stoke Time for him to experience what it would have been like at Scousescum a bit of time on the bench...he is quality dont get me wrong but last 3 games he aint been showing it

B6!    631
Dont forget the 6 games at the back end of last season too Paul where he was excellent for us ..and Yes drop Barry i thought he was poor Sunday Poor on Wednesday and poor against Stoke Time for him to experience what it would have been like at Scousescum a bit of time on the bench...he is quality dont get me wrong but last 3 games he aint been showing it

I totally agree. Barry has not played to the standard that we know he can and needs a kick up the a++e !!!

Petrov might not have played well until the end of last season but he has carried his form into this season and you can tell he wants to be on the pitch week in week out.

All you Petrov doubters watch him off the ball as well as when he has it he reads the game very well.

Petrov is quality - fact

I totally agree. Barry has not played to the standard that we know he can and needs a kick up the a++e !!!

Petrov might not have played well until the end of last season but he has carried his form into this season and you can tell he wants to be on the pitch week in week out.

All you Petrov doubters watch him off the ball as well as when he has it he reads the game very well.

Petrov is quality - fact

He hasnt shown he is quality in the premiership, hes had more poor games than good, he needs to be consistently good to be called quality, i hope he does go on and prove himself to be a top player for us

Barrys top quality, but weve gotta give him a bit of time. Hes just come out of the back of a transfer saga where hes thinking "am i staying, am i going?" it must be hard to do that. Give him time to get his form back but tbh MON has a difficult decison to make, NRC is our vice captain and Petrov has been playing well for us so its definetly tuff. Leave it to MON he'll do his job and he'll do it right.

Asked for Petrov, hes great and you cant say he doesnt give 110% for us every match because every picture I see of him after a match, hes always sweating like a pedo in a play pen.

avstu    216

My player of the season so far. Last night he looked so good being captain. He moaned at everything which is what you want from a captain.

Really good season from him so far..