Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Stiliyan Petrov (2006-2013)

Is it just me or does he look to finally the part in the team so far this season. Hes getting stuck in and tbh looks our best midfielder at times at the moment.

I think his confidence is showing also, with the fact hes taking shots on goal from everywhere. Something we have been wanting him to do for some time.

I've always thought he was better than he gets credit for.

Ask the astonvillain he will tell you.

i think he is aware of the board spending money now so he's got to pull his finger out and about time to good competion now in the midfield but i would have to stick with barry in the middle with who ever was doing the buisness

I wouldnt. we have 4 quality center midfielders - thats not including Craig Gardner - so with him thats 5. Dont keep Barry in the side with the belief he 'might' do something.

You pick the 2 best midfield players and at this moment in time Petrov is one of them.

I didn't know you could use the words - quality and Craig Gardner in the same sentance.

Gardner is ok but not quality.

Hes a very good midfielder - you watch his game, you cant deny it one bit. Outplayed Barry in the uefa cup the other day. Always gives his all.

gotta admit Gardner gives his all for us and will get better he is a good solid player for us...personally id now drop Gareth and stick petrov in with NRC as we have Milner on the right

drop barry from the team? no way.. he is excellent and we actually need his passing abilities! petrov is playing really good though.. im betting we will see nrc on the bench next week and i dont think nrc will be pleased at all!