FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

5 GAMES IN 12 DAYS!!

Mark

I personally think that having 5 games in 12 days is going to make or break our season in the premiership and europe.

Fixtures:

Tottenham (away) 15th September

Litex Lovech (away) 18th September

WBA (away) 21st September

QPR (home) 24th September

Sunderland (home) 27th September

If Martin plays a full strength squad against litex lovech and QPR then we are in trouble of player exaustion and this could affect our match play dramatically.

please leave your thoughts on this subject

Thanks

Its a great point to make really. I never really thought about it until you just brought it up.

I think we have to put a full strengh side against Litex in the first leg as its important we get a good win away from home, then players can be rested in the home fixture.

QPR - well we all know what happened with Leicester City last year so its a bit of a gamble.

I personally think that this will get our season going, the players have just had 2 weeks off after just having 3 months off so player exhaution shouldnt be a problem in my eyes, although i can see the squad being used to the max during the course of the next 2 weeks.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

We have to play as near full strength teams as we can, players need games at this time of year as they are all still short of full match fitness.

What is the point of complaining about the amount of games we have to play, it means we are a successful team & id rather that than the alternative.

I do believe that MON will choose to rest players in the QPR game i just home he gets them more motivated than the shower that showed up against Leicester last season & FH this season

avfc.jpg

Its such a shame doing what you get paid for 5 times 12 days !!!!

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Guest BennyBerserk
We have to play as near full strength teams as we can, players need games at this time of year as they are all still short of full match fitness.

Only problem i can see with that is it raises the chances of early injury due to the fact they aren't fully match fit.

They're not kids, they are well paid pros, if they arent match fit now then they sure as hell will be after the next 2 weeks, martin wont mother these players, let them out there to do their jobs, we have enough competition in midfield and at the back to allow us to play around, this is the ideal time to get some games under our belt, get everyone a tasteof the action and let them gel as a team.

What is the point of complaining about the amount of games we have to play, it means we are a successful team & id rather that than the alternative.

I do believe that MON will choose to rest players in the QPR game i just home he gets them more motivated than the shower that showed up against Leicester last season & FH this season

Agreed.

We must play our best team in every match, only rest players in the second leg of ther UEFA if we get a good result

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

we must play our best team simple as if we get a good result in bulgaria then that is the time to try some of the fringe players...still think we are short up front as harewood is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard...midfield will be ok but defence could be a bit short as knight is about as much use as a ashtray on a motorbike....Apart from that 5 games in 12 days then chelsea a week later then another two weeks off hardly a case for exhaustion is it..

Archived