Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolveslad4life

'Sir' Billy Wright?

There's a petition going around to get Billy Wright a knighthood, 15 years to late if you ask me =/ but you have to agree he is one of the best, if not the best player to captain England? And to ever wear a Wolves top.

Please sign.

http://www.sirbillywright.com/biography.php

We'reTheWolvesOhYesWeAreTheWolves

MCcarthyMorganMoxey

PremierDingle.png

Best player to captain England AND play for Wolves maybe. But best captain of England is far off if you meant that.

not the best england captain... but as karl said maybe the best to captain england who played for wolves...

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

So who is your best England captain? Please dont say Beckham! Nothing like Billy and never will be, Billy played 100 games for England and dont forget its nothing like it is today! They play like every month these days.

MCcarthyMorganMoxey

PremierDingle.png

Beckham was a good captain for England but deffinatly NOT the greatest, im not 12 mate so why would i say him?

besides u say that Beckham isnt worthy somehow because games come along faster yet... Wright got 105 caps in an international career spread over 13 years, Beckham has 109 caps in an international career spread over hmm 13 years, so what was different back than compared to now? 4 games in 13 years...?

anyway back to ur original question - for me the greatest England captain is with no doubt Bobby Moore, i dont think u can dissagree tbh, 90 times captain and 108 overall caps Oh not to mention he lifted the World Cup...

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

If you look at how many games England play now to when they played when Billy was playing there's a BIG difference

MCcarthyMorganMoxey

PremierDingle.png

yes there is a diiference but its not actually not that many as they had friendlies back then aswel as qualifiers so i would say maybe 2-3 games less a year if even that. u could also say that had Beckham not gone to Madrid and LA Galaxy then he would probly be the all time record holder for caps now and had he not resigned his captaincy might have had many more games as captain. then u can also take into account the type of things he does off the pitch like his training schools and peace work which alot of time people dont give him credit for, but never the less, Bobby Moore im sure is widely considered the greatest England captain for many more reasons than Wright can be credited for IMO.

Back to the main topic, Does billy Wright 'deserve' a knighthood, i would have to say he does actually, some people have been given them for less tbh any player to make over 100 caps for england is a great achievement and there are very few that make that great landmark which should be merited, although that would mean one day we will be talking about 'SIR' david Beckham... ughh

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

Well as a Wolves fan threw and threw im going to say Billy Wright :)

MCcarthyMorganMoxey

PremierDingle.png