FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The Andy Gray Stand ??

Nath-AVFC

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i not really old enough to remember his days at the villa but, i would think there are more deserving people tbh, also i watch his last word programme and the guy is a tw@, i really cant stand him but hey thats just me, majority of fans might welcome this idea... for me, i haven never sat in that stand anyway so i wont miss not sitting there in the future.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

whatever they call the stand It'll stillbe refered to as the Witton by me and i suspect a lot of others too.

i quite like Andy Gray on Sky even if he does seem to ave a downer on Villa and I'm too young to have seen him play (although I've seen a few things on thoes ESPN programs that show old games) but naming a stand after him seems a little excessive.

jpbanneriy6.jpg

Andy Gray is one of my favourite Villa players of all time, however, i dont think his time at the club warrants naming a stand after him, there have been far better servants to our club.

How about Ron Saunders / Tony Barton, Paul MacGrath, Ian Taylor????

avfc.jpg

The Randy Lerner stand????????for me its got to be anything rather than the doug ellis,but Andy Gray wheres his name sprung from?im sure threre are many more suitable candidates for this honour.....

Hate Football Love VILLA!

No way should anything at Villa Park be named after Andy Gray.

Yes he was a good player but as others have said there have been better servants to the club.

For me the Doug Ellis Stand is what it was called when it was built and should remain that until it is Knocked down.

Love him or hate him old Deadly Doug did more for the Villa than most.

Yes he had his faults but he put his heart into Aston Villa which is more than a lot of players do and when he realised he could no longer make us a top side he sold it to Randy Lerner.

Before anyone thinks I am mad -

3 new stands

New training ground

money for players

No debt.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

No way should anything at Villa Park be named after Andy Gray.

Yes he was a good player but as others have said there have been better servants to the club.

For me the Doug Ellis Stand is what it was called when it was built and should remain that until it is Knocked down.

Love him or hate him old Deadly Doug did more for the Villa than most.

Yes he had his faults but he put his heart into Aston Villa which is more than a lot of players do and when he realised he could no longer make us a top side he sold it to Randy Lerner.

Before anyone thinks I am mad -

3 new stands

New training ground

money for players

No debt.

Agree 100% with what you say he made us a stable club ok maybe a bit unambitious but he rescued us from Bankrupcy in 1966 or 68 without that Villa may not be here today

Archived