Southampton v Aston Villa

Pre/post-match discussion.

Aston Villa F.C Forum - Avillafan.com

Premier League - Matchday 13

St Marys Stadium, Southampton

Friday, 5th November 2021

20.00 Kick-Off (UK Time)

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

b12dd2f0-ac94-4fda-af5d-ad3748703a5e.png

Southampton VS Aston Villa Picks & Game Preview

Kick Off: 11/05/2021 16:00

Southampton

Since the victory over Leeds United half a month ago and got the first win of the season, the saints who regained their self-confidence have recently had a good performance. They have not only been unbeaten for several consecutive games, but also had a fierce battle to a penalty shoot out in the EFL with Chelsea, which almost led to a surprise. In the Premier League game last weekend, they won Watford 1-0 away. According to the data, the saints scored goals in the last five matches and two of them without concede, whose state seems to have improved greatly. 

Aston Villa

The overall combat effectiveness of Aston Villa has been significantly weakened compared with that of last season due to the loss of the core Grealish this season. Although the team has introduced strong players such as Ashley Young, Tuanzebe and Ings to make up for the lineup, the effect is not very ideal at present. Especially recently, the team have suffered a wave of four consecutive defeats. The last round was also slaughtered by West Ham United 1-4 at home, and the central defender Konsa received the red card. It is afraid that Villa's morale has been greatly eroded.

Prediction

In terms of state, Villa is currently at the lowest point, while Southampton has gradually come out of the trouble. The saints naturally have more confidence to win this encounter for the advantage of home. At the same time, Southampton's record in the historical battle with Villa is also dominant. They have only lost once against Willa over the year. So Southampton is still trustworthy in this battle.

Pick: Southampton

Final Results: 1-0, 2-0

More predictions and betting tips: https://us.nowgoal.com/--Covering 2000+ football, basketball and baseball leagues, cups and tournaments

9 hours ago, rogerstan said:

can only see another loss here

Its tricky. Reports from the local media suggest Villa will hold a 'review' if we fail to win here.

It will be a big telltail to see if Smith has the lost the players imo. If we see some kind of reaction in performance levels, i would say they are still on side. If we dont, i think it would be best he moved on.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Really is a big game for Villa, defeat and other results going against us could see us in the bottom 3 for the international break.   A long way from the team which was supposed to 'kick on' from last seasons 11th place finish and attempt to qualify for Europe.

The team is a complete mess with no identifiable formation or starting 11, combined with the axing of the skipper Mings it cannot be a collective dressing room.

A draw at best for me, but if I was betting I'd have to go with a Southampton win.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Carried on from WHU game very lucky to survive to half time only 0-1 down and with 11 on the pitch,

2 world class saves by Martinez,was their keeper trouble?

Bailey left Cash out to dry,AEL Bailey and Buendia cause me concern,they should not be on the field together,a slught improvement 2and half but the damage had been done I think there is something very wrong at Villa Park,and if we ain't careful a relegation scrap sur seems on the cards.  UTV

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

6 hours ago, freddy said:

Carried on from WHU game very lucky to survive to half time only 0-1 down and with 11 on the pitch,

Bailey left Cash out to dry,AEL Bailey and Buendia cause me concern,they should not be on the field together,a slught improvement 2and half but the damage had been done I think there is something very wrong at Villa Park,and if we ain't careful a relegation scrap sur seems on the cards.  UTV

We have defo signed on some dross! 

That Buendia is a wage thief! Defo had our pants pulled down when buying him. 

Freddy, me thinks we can safely safe were in a relegation scrap.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

• avstu changed the title to Southampton 1-0 Aston Villa