Manchester United v Aston Villa

Pre/post-match discussion.

Aston Villa F.C Forum - Avillafan.com

Premier League - Matchday 6

Old Trafford, Manchester

Saturday, 25th September 2021

12.30 Kick-Off (UK Time)

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

English Premier League -- Manchester United VS Aston Villa Picks & Game Preview

English Premier League -- Manchester United VS Aston Villa Picks & Game Preview

Saturday,Sep 25 2021 07:30

Manchester United

The Red Devils have started their new season with excellent results and seem ready to compete for the title. So far, they have scored 13 points in five games with 4W-1D, ranking third in the table, the same points as the top two, only behind Chelsea's goal difference advantage. Cristiano Ronaldo reappeared in the scoring table against West Ham United in the League last weekend. Since returning to Old Trafford, the Portuguese international has now scored four goals in three games.

Aston Villa

Aston Villa has achieved 2W-1D-2L in the five league games and accumulated 7 points, which made them rank 10th in the table. Villa also lost 3-0 to Chelsea in the Premier League on September 11, but did well in the league game against Everton last weekend and won 3-0, but they did not perform well at away for a long time.

Prediction

This is a great opportunity for the devils to consolidate the podium. They did have a good H2H record against Aston. The Red Devils have won 18 of their last 21 home league games against Aston Villa. The most recent confrontation ended with Solskjaer's team winning 1-3. Manchester United is expected to win this game.

Pick: Manchester United to win

Total: Over 2.5/3 goals

More predictions and betting tips: https://us.nowgoal.com/--Covering 2000+ football, basketball and baseball leagues, cups and tournaments

What a win. What a performance!

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

wow, am i chuffed with that result,  but, as there is always a but, we should have had it wrapped up in the first half, the chances we missed, utd missed a few to,  im taking nothing away from the lads, they well and truly deserved the win, roll on spurs, lets keep it up,

1 minute ago, rogerstan said:

wow, am i chuffed with that result,  but, as there is always a but, we should have had it wrapped up in the first half, the chances we missed, utd missed a few to,  im taking nothing away from the lads, they well and truly deserved the win, roll on spurs, lets keep it up,

The encouraging thing is, we are creating those chances. Sooner or later we will spank someone.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Great win.The system seems to work but I can't help but feel buendia,bailey ,and traore are being wasted.Hause anytime he has played has never put a foot wrong. I know Luiz had a good game yesterday but can't help but feel if we put McGinn in his role at back of a diamond with bailey and traore on either side of buendia at the tip with Watkins and ings up top we would be devastating.

5 minutes ago, Tomf said:

Great win.The system seems to work but I can't help but feel buendia,bailey ,and traore are being wasted.Hause anytime he has played has never put a foot wrong. I know Luiz had a good game yesterday but can't help but feel if we put McGinn in his role at back of a diamond with bailey and buendia on either side and Watkins and ings up top we would be devastating.

I get your point but its down to them to force their way into the team. Buendia is yet to perform for us while Bailey and Traore have been injured.

I think our midfield three is spot on at the moment. I also think we will change our system at home against other sides.

Mellberg_Signature.png

5 at back could be fine against likes of top 4 but we played 5 against a weakened Everton which felt too defensive minded,4 at back should work just fine against lower half teams.Traore is underrated very skilful with ball at the feet,he could even play at top of diamond and move buendia out wide to exploit more space. McGinn could do Luiz job easily and much better.

• avstu changed the title to Manchester United 0-1 Aston Villa