Chelsea v Aston Villa

Pre/post-match discussion.

Aston Villa F.C Forum - Avillafan.com

Carabao Cup - Round 4

Stamford Bridge, London

Wednesday, 22nd September 2021

19.45 Kick-Off (UK Time)

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Chelsea VS Aston Villa

Wednesday,Sep 22 2021 14:45

a7173121-8c16-4fe4-8c2f-ca26cbc65526.jpg

Chelsea

After being appointed Chelsea's coach in January, Thomas Tuchel led Chelsea to win the Champions League and finished fourth in the Premier League last season. They entered Wednesday's Cup after beating Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 in the Premier League on Sunday. After the unbeaten start of the Premier League, they are likely to enter the new league with the hope of competing for the championship. At present, they are at the top of the list with 11 points in five games and concede only one goal in five games.

Aston Villa

Aston Villa enters the game after beating Everton 3-0 in the last Premier League. They currently ranks 10th in the Premier League. After the first loss to Watford, they rebounded in the 2-0 win over Newcastle United and was drawn by Brentford.

Prediction

In the recent league match between the two sides, Chelsea won a dominant victory, beating Villa 3-0. Tuchel certainly doesn't want to see their momentum slow down because of the defeat in the Cup. Even if a few key players are absent, they still have enough strength to win this game and enter the next round.

1X2 Pick: 1

Total: under 2.5/3 goals

More predictions and betting tips: https://us.nowgoal.com/--Covering 2000+ football, basketball and baseball leagues, cups and tournaments

Be very interesting to see what team both sides pick.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

A fine performance against a very strong Chelsea side. I do wish we had a stronger side out and had a go but it is what it is i guess

Mellberg_Signature.png

• avstu changed the title to CC: Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa (4-3)
34 minutes ago, avstu said:

A fine performance against a very strong Chelsea side. I do wish we had a stronger side out and had a go but it is what it is i guess

It was a good performance. I guess the weakened side was probably due to the amount of injuries we keep picking up. The league is more important than this cup. 

Another really good performance against Chelsea, couldn't fault anyone and Lukaku and Mount coming on shows just how much problems our young lads caused. Credit to Deano for trusting them and managing the young players very effectively in carefully integrating them into the first team.

I could watch that Archer goal over and over, great header, great cross from Cash and great move started by Chuk. I suspect we could see Archer coming off the bench in the league, aside from his natural finishing ability his movement and pace you feel could cause any team problems. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come on at the weekend.

Very unfortunate but couldn't ask for more, fans were class. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."