Barrow AFC v Aston Villa

Pre/post-match discussion.

Aston Villa F.C Forum - Avillafan.com

Round 2, Carabao Cup

Holker Street, Barrow In Furness

Tuesday, 24th August 2021

19.45 Kick-Off (UK Time)

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Honestly what a thrill watching these guys play. 

I was surprised to see Archer start but what a fantastic and mature display from him. Rare to see such natural finishing ability and surely elevates himself either to 3rd choice striker or a loan. He deserves a place on the bench for Brentford. I though the new Chuk looked good too when he came on upfront. 

I really like the look of Bidace, he has the makings of a top player, not just his flair and incisive attacking play but I was very impressed by how hard defensively he worked. I think he's the closest to getting a start of that crop coming through.  

It's hard to believe Carney Chukwuemeka is only 17, another really mature display. Not quite the no.10 role we were expecting but a really mature display in midfield and again I feel we will see more of him this season in the premier league.

Huge credit to Deano, his record in the cups has been very good, after years where we were picked off by lower level teams and I used to somewhat dread these games. He got the mix of youth and experience right last night. He's also doing a great job of managing the younger talents, carefully introducing them into the first team and building there minutes up. 

Incredibly exciting watching some of these younger guys making it into the first team. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

really enjoyed watching thought the young bloods look real promising, Cameron Archer blimey what finishing from one so young congrats on the hat trick young man---,they all seem to enjoy going forward with pace and energy---real good to see Barrow,s at times physical approach especially at 6-0 never intimated anyone,--

good to see Guilbert in Claret and Blue again --and Conor showed what a true pro he is----2 cracking through balls,encouraging  and cajoling the youngsters along especially the lad who came on for Freddy,

a good all round display  --well done all,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

solid performance from a mixture of squad players and youth.

I wasnt sure what to expect from Archer but he really impressed. Chuks looks like hes going to be some player.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• avstu changed the title to CC: Barrow 0-6 Aston Villa