FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Next Season expectations

It’s gutting that he has gone and yes he is a fantastic player, but we were so one dimensional with him. It was just play it to Jack, then most of the time he ran with it and went down! Then we did sweet Fa with the free kick. I’m hoping this will change the way we play and make us more entertaining. We have brought in a few good players, we also have players that started to shine last season.  I think we will be more that ok this season.

after this messi news today, grealish may end up being a bench warmer at city as they will go for him. 

good luck to grealish, he has done what any other player of todays elite would do,  his career is short, he has to make his money now, going to city should make him, he loves his club, which is of course is aston villa, it always will be. that wont change, he gave us his best, he has to think about his own life, his family life, he has done what all of you would have done,  had you been in his shoes, so be pleased for him, wish him well, he deserves that much from you all. he has served us well, now its another time, we move on, leave the sour grapes behind, grealish is a great player, but he is not a one man team, utvl

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that European qualification is a bit optimistic although I'd very much love to be proven wrong.

I believe that we exceeded expectations last season and there are aspects of last season that I'd be surprised to see us duplicate this time around.

Firstly, I'd be absolutely stunned if we get 9 away wins this season. I expect our home form to improve but that may just cancel what we'll lose away from home.

To be honest, if you offered me 55 points this season I'd gladly accept

" I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. " Winston Churchill.