FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Next Season expectations

Now most of us are moving on from Euro heartbreak (or celebrations if your Dimitri) our thoughts will slowly start returning to Villa and next season.

With the new kits revealed and released today, what three targets would you have between now and the season opener against Watford in August?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Keep Grealish, keep Grealish and keep Grealish would be my three.

Of all the players we've been connected to Ward-Prowse is the only one who improves our first eleven and as much as I'd love to sign him that deal seems dead, we have a lot of players that wont start much unless there are injuries, I see little point in adding more.  We keep being told we have some great youngsters, I'd like to see a lot more of them this season.

but thats the problem we always have, we have good playing youngsters, but their chances of playing are slim,,, i  agree, keep grealish, thats a must, must say, im looking forward to  next season a lot more than i have these past few years, roll on our first game, our first win, and our first move up the prem league. its not to far away now. utv. 

On 7/20/2021 at 9:06 PM, rogerstan said:

but thats the problem we always have, we have good playing youngsters, but their chances of playing are slim,,, i  agree, keep grealish, thats a must, must say, im looking forward to  next season a lot more than i have these past few years, roll on our first game, our first win, and our first move up the prem league. its not to far away now. utv. 

I think we are different now. The manager has said he will look at the youth lads and then if he feels they will benefit from a loan, Mile Jedinak's job is to find the right club for their progression.

I think the next two weeks are massive in regards to Jack.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I would be happy with a top 10 finish. Any kind of improvement on last season would be fantastic.

I do worry about this grealish Man City link dragging on into the season though.  

Really disappointed with Grealish especially for all the kids that would have looked up to him, thought he might be different but sadly just another reflection of what football is these days. 

Hate all this Sky big 6 entitlement rubbish that we should be grateful to have just had Grealish for a few seasons. We made him the player he is today and we stuck by him through thick and thin. I remember days in the Championship where it looked like his petulance and off field antics might prevent him from reaching his potential. It's not so long ago I watched him lashing out against Forest getting sent off stupidly. 

Magnificent player who will succeed at $ity I have no doubt and the best Villa player I have ever seen.

Looking back you can't help but think he's been angling for a move the last few seasons and watch that pr*ck Southgate put him straight in the English team now. 

Nearly 1 billion spent by Pep now and another two fingers to the FFP rules, horrible state backed club.

F*ck them all, UTV!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

^^ Good post that Dubiin lad--spoken from the heart,and echoed by me,==

looking back there are so many clues that this would happen----every pre season Grealish has been linked to a move---Spurs Utd and finally Citeh,the switch from Ireland to England, the closeness with Foden during the Euro,s the OTT hype about him being Englands "poster boy"no doubt the word in the ear from Foden,Walker,Stones Sterling,--the alledged reluctance to be present at this seasons new kit launch,

this goes to show there is no loyalty from players --the only loyalty is from fans---end of,

i really thought Villa would push this season and was looking forward to see the new players Cash, Olly, Emi, Buendia Ashley Young led by Grealish into an exciting new chapter in the history of the club we all love sadly now it seems  just a pipe dream,!!

i,m not happy at all with this---and wonder what the players and management must be thinking---its mud in their eye,  presumably Grealish thinks they are,nt good enough to take OUR club to the next level.

have to say i cant wish him well,if going to try his luck abroad i could but not going to a rival. and certainly wont applaud when Citeh visit---

this will be the 4th dam captain/player Sheikh Citeh have taken----Barry, Milner Delph --have we become a feeder club for them??

VTID--------

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

I really hope there,s no farewell "really hard for me to leave" speech should Grealish pass his medical and leave, it wont be in the least bit sincere and it wont be his city nor his club no more please just collect your boots and go!!am feeling really pissed off with the beautiful game at the moment,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Onwards and upwards, the project took a bit of a knock,  Grealish is yesterdays  news.

I see a lot of reasons to think we can improve on last seasons 55 points, where that sticks us I do not know but most seasons another 3 wins would see us challenging for the top 4 and that should be our aim.

UTV

ive missed something here according to all knowing SKY Sports, --Grealish has left with the best wishes of the Villa management and players,and they respect his wishes its all been very amicable,!! and the decision to leave was very hard for him to make!!    sorry to me this is all P.R. trying to win Villa fans over,some already have thanked him and sent their best wishes!! blimey i must be old school---he has gone to a new club new city and probably a new home---he has gone to a PREMIERSHIP rival,,not a foreign club or club in a different division---he is now on the football field the opposition, thats it end of--all links to Villa are now to me  fully severed.

VTID

• Like 2

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png