FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Summer 21 - Transfer Talk

Aston Villa ‘accelerate’ for signing – Contact initiated with player’s entourage

1002068121.jpg

Aston Villa have been keeping an eye on the progress of Bordeaux’s Mehdi Zerkane and are edging ahead with an effort to sign him this summer.

The French newspaper states the Premier League club ‘accelerate’ for the transfer, after they’ve had the player on their agenda for several months. Aston Villa have been impressed with what they’ve seen from Zerkane so far, and would ‘like to attract’ the 21-year-old attacker to Birmingham in the next window.

There’s a chance the final decision was made at the weekend, with Villa having a representative watch Zerkane in Bordeaux’s 3-0 win over Lens, in which he scored a goal despite not playing the whole match.

Source: Link

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• 3 weeks later...

Aston Villa and Norwich City have reached an agreement for the transfer of Emiliano Buendia.

As Emiliano is currently in the Argentina national team’s biosecure bubble, preparing for a World Cup qualifying match with Colombia on Tuesday evening, he will undergo a medical and complete the transfer after the game.

Official AVFC site.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

• 2 weeks later...

Ashley Young is very close to signing a one year deal with Villa, with an option of a further 12 months.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• avstu pinned this topic
3 hours ago, avstu said:

Ashley Young is very close to signing a one year deal with Villa, with an option of a further 12 months.

I thought this would happen after I heard Watford had signed Rose. 

Lots of talk about Jack and McGinn this morning.

Papers saying Man City will break the EPL record to sign Jack Grealish.

While other papers are saying Liverpool want John McGinn but arent prepared to pay more than £20M for his services. Personally cant see anything in either but we will see.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Sky are reporting that City have bid £100 million for Kane, I'd be surprised if they are going to part with that kind of cash twice in one window.

As for McGinn  this might be heresy around here but he hasn't been the player we saw in the Championship very often this past two seasons, he and Luis were average at best in far too many games last season. There's talent in both, I'd like to keep both for now but if a silly offer came in for either I'd sell.

14 hours ago, dorset lion said:

Sky are reporting that City have bid £100 million for Kane, I'd be surprised if they are going to part with that kind of cash twice in one window.

As for McGinn  this might be heresy around here but he hasn't been the player we saw in the Championship very often this past two seasons, he and Luis were average at best in far too many games last season. There's talent in both, I'd like to keep both for now but if a silly offer came in for either I'd sell.

There rules are slightly different to ours.

EPL have relaxed the FFP rules this season but Uefa havent so they would still have to stick to Uefa's rules given they are in the Champions League. Although they broke the rules before and got away with it. £100m is a starting bid id imagine.

The problem with McGinn is he is being forced to play deeper than he should. Hes a box to box midfielder being asked to sit and help protect the back four. Hopefully that gets put right this summer.

Mellberg_Signature.png

• 2 months later...

Anyone expecting any last minute deals?

From what i have heard, if anyone is to come in, 1-2 need to leave..

Mellberg_Signature.png

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2021 at 10:43 PM, avstu said:

Sky Sports pundit Lee Hendrie believes Aston Villa are in pole position to sign Chelsea’s struggling striker Tammy Abraham ahead of this summer’s transfer window. 

The 23-year-old striker has struggled for game time at Stamford Bridge since Thomas Tuchel’s arrival, starting just two Premier League games under the German and being withdrawn at halftime on both occasions.

Abraham’s lack of action has led to speculation that the England international could depart the capital club over the coming months, with Football Insider claiming Villa are locked in a battle with Wolves for the striker’s signature.

Source: Link (thisisfutbol)

On 5/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, dorset lion said:

Tammy coming in would certainly create some competition up front but its the midfield and wings that need improving  or we'll just have another isolated striker.

Jack aside not one of the players in those areas has consistently performed well,  we need a couple of  genuine 40 million pound players in the middle.

Yes, yes, you really need a couple of good 40 million dollar players at center. I don't think strengthening Aston Villa's offense will have any effect 🙄