FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Agree with Stu about bringing a few of the younger guys in. I don't think it needs to be anything radical but we are in a good position to give more minutes to some of the youth prospects and while not the finished article Ramsay has shown enough to hopefully see more of him. It feels like Ramsay is a big moment like a goal away from really igniting his Villa career. Bidace is another player who is highly rated and was given a new contract but he's 19 so this season is the perfect opportunity to give him some minutes and gauge where he is at.  In fairness to Smith he seems very proactive with including the prospects in the first team  so I have to respect his judgment on how he does it but it does feel like a great chance this season.

Delighted with the result, felt huge to comeback and not let our season completely fizzle away. Credit to the subs who had an impact and to Smith for making them. 

I think a fair few people wanted to see the combination of Nakamba in there and allowing McGinn to get further forward and it looked effective. Nakamba starts again for me also and another player who has made huge strides forward on last season.

Felt psychologically massive to finally come back from a losing position and all the more so without Jack. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Up until the substitutions it was a similar performance to what we have been producing the last few games. Really didn't look like scoring and seemed to really lack ideas. In the end though its an important win and keeps us in the top half.

Seriously think its time to start Davis up top alongside Ollie. Whilst it might not work, we need to try something different. Not convinced with Ramsey just yet, think he needs more time coming off the bench. 

I find it strange that it took Scotland pushing McGinn forward for Smith to try the same? He is much better suited to an advanced midfield role. 

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png