FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Is Dean Smith the right man to take us forward?

Is Dean Smith the right man t take us forward ?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is Dean Smith the right man to take us forward ?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think there is any doubt that Smith is taking us forward. I'm as frustrated as anyone with our form since the COVID outbreak, and his decisions at times, but the progress this season compared

Without a doubt yes.  Like everyone I have been extremely disappointed with recent performances and results and I don't agree with the ahead of schedule or better then we thought we would do argu

I love the fact we have a Villa fan as manager along with the new owners, it really has repaired the gap between the club and it's supporters that had become so toxic over the last decade or so. But i

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, new north stand said:

I like the guy - I think he is the right man to take us forward. However the subs he made yesterday were the worst he's ever made in my opinion. Ramsey can't defend so why bring him on? Nakamba and (old) Young can't hack it in the Premier League anymore. And why didn't Hause start instead of Tuanzebe? 

Hard to disagree.

I gave him credit for swaping the system but now i feel hes stuck in it. He needs to be able to adjust our system, just as David Moyes did mid-game today.

Nakamba is fine but we changed 2/3 of our midfield in the space of 5 minutes. He then for some reason changed Young on a set piece which we then go and concede from.

Buendia appeared to ask to go off, he then spent another 2-3 minutes sprinting around which suggests he wasnt injured so whys he asking to go off?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Very poor substitutions , Tuanzebe was awful all game, should have been off after them 2 awful passes to a Gold shirt in the first 10 minutes, in fact i  would have started with Hause if we have to field 3 CB,s at home against no Centre Forward!!

Marvelous was terrible,conceding the free kick that led to their second i think, and Ramsay showed such naievity when he tapped Adami,s toe---and where the f**K is Guilbert,???

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

On 10/18/2021 at 11:28 AM, freddy said:

Very poor substitutions , Tuanzebe was awful all game, should have been off after them 2 awful passes to a Gold shirt in the first 10 minutes, in fact i  would have started with Hause if we have to field 3 CB,s at home against no Centre Forward!!

Marvelous was terrible,conceding the free kick that led to their second i think, and Ramsay showed such naievity when he tapped Adami,s toe---and where the f**K is Guilbert,???

I get your point Freddy but as bad as Tuanzebe was, so was Konsa. Hause struggled at Tottenham so i guessed he would be dropped at the first oppurtunity.

Guilbert is out on loan again?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

On 3/24/2021 at 1:09 PM, Dublin Villain said:

Without a doubt yes. 

Like everyone I have been extremely disappointed with recent performances and results and I don't agree with the ahead of schedule or better then we thought we would do argument a reason to excuse our recent dreadful form. We must strive for better then that.

However, Smith has done a terrific job and I think it would be absurd to even think about a change. Every time Smith's teams have had a major fault he's addressed it and come back stronger like the huge defensive improvement after the break last season.

The team has improved every season and we can't become a top 6 team overnight. I think I read a stat recently about only 2 teams outside of the usual top 6 group broke into that grouping in the last decade.  Look at a stable club like Everton with a world class manager and they are struggling to make any meaningful impact into that category and just like us struggle hugely with a few players out. 

Factor in injuries, a loss of momentum with the covid outbreak and Barkley seemingly giving up and I think we can't really be too disappointed.

Next season we need to take another step forward and I have know doubt Smith will but he will need more reinforcements. Based on  signings so far, I trust we will. https://elly.com/pos/en/smart-pos-system/

I totally agree with you.

Two massive games coming up West Ham & Southampton requires a minimum of 4 points IMO.  DS is not the man to take Villa to where the fans and owners want us to be he's reached his level and we are now regressing.

Unless there is a huge turn around in results we will not be challenging for Europe (which we need to now be doing) but rather looking at recent results/performances be looking to avoid being dragged into the bottom half of the table and looking to preserve our EPL status.

Even a mid-table finish is not acceptable due to money spent and the fact we will then struggle to retain players like Martinez come the end of the season as bigger clubs start circling a player who is openly being touted as 'one of the best goalies in the world' by Lionel Messi.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

What we all saying now ?

It's getting worse !!

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

2 hours ago, B6! said:

What we all saying now ?

It's getting worse !!

We need a  change. 

DS has lost control. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger