Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur

Pre/post-match chat and analysis.

Dissapointed Smith

2020/21 Premier League

Sunday, 21st March 2021

Kick-Off: 19.30 (GMT)

Villa Park, Birmingham

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Doesn’t sound like jack will be available. I’m starting to worry about how injury prone the lad is. 

spurs are off the back of two poor results! Let’s hope they are deflated 

Thankfully Cash is back --but no Jack again---how serious is this injury?,

a good chance for Ollie to shine,, am glad that Sanson starts--but others need to stand up to be counted,

Come On You Lions----

VTID-----------

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

How can a penalty be awarded when the ball has gone out of play 🤬

My thoughts too Kane worked that decision,----anyway it didnt matter in the end----we were outplayed out gunned by a sluggish spurs side with far far more quality than us----and just look at the ones not playing---Bale  Son Ali Winks,Vertongen and so on,

i was disappointed with that display---spurs until the goal were there for the taking but we could,nt muster a shot until 58 minutes-!! some imo are already on the dam beach----what was that corner conceded by Traore?? and furthermore he needs some blinking heading practice, Trezugeot waves his arms and runs seemingly aimlessly about--Watkins NEEDS help how many times is he to be found wandering about on a wing?

its Fulham next and quite frankly unless there is a vast improvement i can see another home defeat!! it really is a good job that we have points in the locker otherwise as the way we are playing a relegation battle would be looming,

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

• avstu changed the title to Aston Villa 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur
22 hours ago, Apollo said:

How can a penalty be awarded when the ball has gone out of play 🤬

Regardless is was naive by Cash to dive in.

Few players need to start stepping up - Gary Neville said the difference between the two sides were 2-3 quality players in the attacking positions. I disagree. The difference was their experienced players stood up despite under performing. Ours didnt especially in the final third.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Another dreadful attacking performance from us, which has been the case since we have come back from the outbreak. We can all talk about the impact of missing Jack, and I don't think any fan can justify arguing against the fact we are a one man team from an attacking point of view now, but even a couple of games before he got injured we didn't have that spark we have had the first half of the season.

Two silly mistakes have cost us, but from the way we played I think 0-0 was the best we were going to get. Cash should know better than to slide there, and needs to stop giving away silly penalties. 

Trez and El-Ghazi are not the answer, and we really need to improve our attacking options this Summer. 

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

3 hours ago, irish_villain said:

Another dreadful attacking performance from us, which has been the case since we have come back from the outbreak. We can all talk about the impact of missing Jack, and I don't think any fan can justify arguing against the fact we are a one man team from an attacking point of view now, but even a couple of games before he got injured we didn't have that spark we have had the first half of the season.

Two silly mistakes have cost us, but from the way we played I think 0-0 was the best we were going to get. Cash should know better than to slide there, and needs to stop giving away silly penalties. 

Trez and El-Ghazi are not the answer, and we really need to improve our attacking options this Summer. 

Long time no see Irish. Good to see you back?

The one thing i liked was Cash held his hands up and accepted blame on his social media channels. He will learn from that in my opinion.

As for the wingers - I agree with you but the verdict is still out on Traore for me. He has turned up in small patches, no different to that of Trez or El Ghazi. Although, every time i see Trezeguet play i do still believe i have an opportunity of playing for VIlla, and im nearly 35.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Cheers Stu,  been a while 😂 Happy to see the forum still going!

I think Traore has shown he has the ability, but whether he has the work rate or just becomes a "luxury" player we'll have to see. I'd certainly keep him ahead of the other two. I really wanted Trezeguet to succeed, especially after his vital goal against Arsenal last season but its clear he won't cut it at the level we want to be. 

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png