Sheffield United v Aston Villa

Pre/post-match chat and analysis.

Dissapointed Smith

2020/21 Premier League

Wednesday 3rd March 2021

Kick-Off: 18.00 (GMT)

Bramall Lane, Sheffield

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

So poor. Smith deservedly got credit for getting it right the weekend while tonight he got it so wrong.

Nakamba was never the right player to play in midfield. It maybe worth tacking McGinn out also who has been just as poor as Barkley of late.

The wide players - im starting to think are good squad players and thats it. El Ghazi and Traore blow hot and cold way too much

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• avstu changed the title to Sheffield United 2-0 Aston Villa

I was surprised he stuck with the same team. I think the players have suffered with a bit of burn out due to the amount of games we played in such a short period. I honestly expected to see Doug and bark back starting tonight. 

it’s gutting to see such a poor result when we know we can do better. I know we are in a much better position than last season, but a lot of money had been invested since then.

Cant disagree with Stu nor Apollo,was disappointed with the result but to be honest expected it,BrightonBurnley Saints Blades all are near the bottom and all are scrappers,and all beat us!

Me thinks a bit of rotation is needed and is Elmo at 33 I think fit enough for 2 maybe 3 games a week? Guilbert scored for Strasbourg last night he was too hurriedly loaned out and is really needed now,Traore AEL Trez are unpredictable the demands of the premiership dont allow for players to be carried.

A resurging Wolves will test us Saturday and changes are needed it would be a dam shame to start sliding now.

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

21 hours ago, Apollo said:

I was surprised he stuck with the same team. I think the players have suffered with a bit of burn out due to the amount of games we played in such a short period. I honestly expected to see Doug and bark back starting tonight. 

it’s gutting to see such a poor result when we know we can do better. I know we are in a much better position than last season, but a lot of money had been invested since then.

I didnt expect him to change. Smith doesnt change winning sides. Its one of his weakness' in my view. He tries to show loyalty instead of trying to change something to suite that said game. Smith is growing and learning with Villa. He is far from perfect but we can all see he has improved as a coach during his time with Villa alone. I just hope tactically and his decisions in game start to improve.

Mellberg_Signature.png