Aston Villa v Newcastle

Pre/post-match chat and analysis.

Dissapointed Smith

2020/21 Premier League

Saturday, 23rd January 2021

Kick-Off: 20.00 (GMT)

Villa Park, Birmingham

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

We have to be winning in this one. Newcastle fans are not happy and we know exactly what Bruce can be like. Under so much pressure then somehow gets a dodgy win out of nowhere. We can't fall into that trap.

I hope we don't fall into the tired category and actually look fitter tonight.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Be great to bounce back after 2 contentious losses with 4 or 5 past ol "potato head"

COME ON YOU LIONS---

Villa 4   Geordys 0

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Nowhere near at our best but we looked solid and in control all night.

I would feel sorry for Newcastle because of Steve Bruce makes them watch that crap but sod it, we had to go through it.

Mellberg_Signature.png

• avstu changed the title to Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle

We did well considering the down time we had. Looked tired in the second half yet seen it through. I feel for Bruce, not even pep could do better with that squad.

Thought we were always in control and bearing in mind there are games Wednesday and Saturday  didn't push above 3rd gear.,all played well but special shout for Marvellous and Ezri 

Jamie Redknapp was so so right when he said he felt sorry for Villa fans not being able to go and watch this Villa side.Sweet Caroline would sure have echoed around the grand old place tonight 

Well done all a perfect Saturday night.

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

12 hours ago, Apollo said:

We did well considering the down time we had. Looked tired in the second half yet seen it through. I feel for Bruce, not even pep could do better with that squad.

I am not so sure to be honest. I think its his style. He only had a reported £40M to spend but spent a big chunk of that on Wilson also. Yes they needed a striker but did they need him that much? You need to create in order to score.

Mellberg_Signature.png

12 hours ago, freddy said:

Thought we were always in control and bearing in mind there are games Wednesday and Saturday  didn't push above 3rd gear.,all played well but special shout for Marvellous and Ezri 

Jamie Redknapp was so so right when he said he felt sorry for Villa fans not being able to go and watch this Villa side.Sweet Caroline would sure have echoed around the grand old place tonight 

Well done all a perfect Saturday night.

VTID

Your not wrong Freddy and not for the first time this season either!!

Mellberg_Signature.png

didnt see the game but was overjoyed at the result, , so we move to 8th table wise with a game in hand, would anyone put odds on finishing in the top 6 this season?. saying that, i was hoping for at least an half way finish this season, but how the tide seems to have turned for us.