Pre/post-match chat and analysis.

Dissapointed Smith

2020/21 FA Cup

Round Three

Friday, 8th January 2021

Kick-Off: 19.45 (GMT)

Villa Park, Birmingham

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Honestly, i was unsure what to make of the game before hand. Would a 'battering' do more damage than good to the youngsters? 

But credit to them all, i felt they did well and I wonder if they would have have offered a bit more had they had more than 2 training sessions. I believe i read somewhere they havent played a game in 3-4 weeks either.

Fair play to them all, i just hope they step up from this and don't live off this game.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• avstu changed the title to FAC: Aston Villa 1-4 Liverpool

Incredibly proud of the team last night. I honestly feared annihilation when I saw the Liverpool team  and I wasn't very impressed with Klopp who came across extremely unsympathetic and I feel he was itching for revenge  and a huge drubbing  which I'm delighted we denied him.

Not one player let themselves down out there and hopefully that leaves them with the hunger for more. The first half response to the goal was terrific and they seemed to learn very fast. Barry looks like he has the x factor, what a  superb goal and finish. Reven, Sylla, Rowe, Chrisene, I could carry on and list the whole team all looked superb. 

Credit to Mark Delaney also who guided the team through it and reacted fast with his subs when needed.  No doubting the potential for a few of these guys to make it. 

Don't think I ever have or ever will be as delighted after a 4-1 defeat as I was last night. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

im just disgusted in the fact we were forced to play the game, other games were called off because of the many covid infected players, this to should have been called off,  as for the klopp? well down in my respect for his arrogance of our young players, 

23 hours ago, rogerstan said:

have they ever had any? well maybe a little, but not a lot.

I thought in previous seasons he carried himself quite well, then this season he has become a bit of a tyrant like old Jose. I guess success brings the badness out in people.