Chelsea v Aston Villa

Pre/post-match chat and analysis.

Dissapointed Smith

2020/21 Premier League

Monday, 28th December 2020

Kick-Off: 17.30 (GMT)

Stamford Bridge, London

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I've heard Deano is considering giving Chelsea a sporting chance by fielding 11 players😎

It'll be a tough game but I'm quietly confident...El Ghazi and Traore get another game in which to convince DS that Barkley and Trez need not be first choice and Konsa and Hause get to play together again in the absence of Mings, who if that 2nd half against Palace is anything to go by may well come to regret that sending off because we looked better without him.

1 hour ago, dorset lion said:

I've heard Deano is considering giving Chelsea a sporting chance by fielding 11 players😎

It'll be a tough game but I'm quietly confident...El Ghazi and Traore get another game in which to convince DS that Barkley and Trez need not be first choice and Konsa and Hause get to play together again in the absence of Mings, who if that 2nd half against Palace is anything to go by may well come to regret that sending off because we looked better without him.

Hause works well when we have a tall striker in the opposition. I can see Giroud starting tomorrow so again, it may work in his favour but Giroud is a world class player so a different test for Hause. Konsa is the best player on the floor imo anyway.

Barkley will be unavailable as he cant play against his parent club while Jack, McGinn and Targett are all on four yellows now.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

They have won the last 6 games against us! so its time for a Villa win----and why not?

Come On You Lions--

thats bad news about the yellows--especially with Manchester Utd being the next game---i just hope Jack dont get too dam provoked,

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

26 minutes ago, freddy said:

They have won the last 6 games against us! so its time for a Villa win----and why not?

Come On You Lions--

thats bad news about the yellows--especially with Manchester Utd being the next game---i just hope Jack dont get too dam provoked,

VTID

And the referee today is a Manchester United supporter...

Mellberg_Signature.png

• avstu changed the title to Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa