Aston Villa v Crystal Palace

Pre/post-match chat and analysis.

Dissapointed Smith

2020/21 Premier League

Saturday, 26th December 2020

Kick-Off: 15.00 (GMT)

Villa Park, Birmingham

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

8 hours ago, rogerstan said:

this will be a hard slog, we are capable of winning this, but, will we turn up, that, i dont know. 

Spot on Rog. Our home form leaves a lot to be desired also.

I feel because teams come to us and sit back, they are quick to exploit us on the counter. We just need to find the right balance. 

With McGinn on four yellows id even consider bringing Nakamba in for this one so McGinn is available for Chelsea.

Barkley and Konsa will be available.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

That performance today was a bit special, we should have been 2 or 3 up before Mings got him self sent off, but even before that Palace had come back into it and were starting to look dangerous. 

At half time I thought we'd be lucky to get a draw and then we go and rip them apart with 10 men, absolutely fantastic performance.

As for Mings. as good a player as he often is, he can at times be so unprofessional. The first booking was needless, the second one is a case of taking one for the team that is understandable after 80 minutes, not 40.

Great win that with 10 men----all MOM  Watkins ran and ran chased hastled created hit both post and bar----everything but score,

what about that finish from AEL?    superb,------unfair to single out praise---they all were up for it --and confidence just seemed to ooze even with the red-

---a grreat team performance ---well done everyone----just a crying shame that we could,nt  join in!! as the BBC commentator said---"imagine The Holte End tonight----yes just imagine Sweet Caroline would have been echoing around the stately old place tonight--

they all played for each other for Deano and for AVFC,------and another good Saturday night --enjoy it Villans

VTID-----

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Another solid performance - the second half may have been up there with the best.

I thought Watkins was brilliant again, he just needs to somehow find a goal regardless of how it comes.

Jack was his usual self. The two full backs are getting better and more comfortable.

Mings was a big let down, i literally sent a whatsapp in my mates group saying he would be sent off for something stupid and i was right! I just didn't quite expect it to come that quickly. In fairness to him, he held his hands up after the game and accepted blame. We move on.

Mellberg_Signature.png

• avstu changed the title to Aston Villa 3-0 Crystal Palace