WBA v Aston Villa

Pre/post-match chat and analysis.

Dissapointed Smith

2020/21 Premier League

Sunday, 20th December 2020

Kick-Off: 19.15 (GMT)

Hawthorns, West Bromwich

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Frustrating at times but a very comfortable win in the end.

Traore with his best game to date and El Ghazi looks back to his best.

Pride of the Midlands.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Very good win, was a little bit frustrating until we finished them off but we got the job done. Credit to Traore who looked really up for it today.

I don't understand the ridiculous VAR offside lines, I saw a baggies player further forward then Watkins  simple as and he needed that goal so a real shame.

What a brilliant way to finish off before Christmas, delighted. UTV!

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

23 hours ago, Apollo said:

Pleased with the result. Gutted that Watkins had his goal chalked off. Really needed that.

Is he trying to hard? Seems to really beat himself up over things and then his first touch started to be affected?

Mellberg_Signature.png

• avstu changed the title to WBA 0-3 Aston Villa
  • avstu unpinned this topic
On 12/21/2020 at 9:15 PM, avstu said:

Is he trying to hard? Seems to really beat himself up over things and then his first touch started to be affected?

The only thing I can really knock him for is his physical side of the game, he gets pushed aside too easily. I don’t really think he is a lone striker as he doesn’t have hold up strength. 

I watched a video on Facebook the other week of when we had benteke, he was like a tank! No defender could push him off the ball, they just bounced off him 😂

we really need that kind of player again.