FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Aston Villa Inner City Football Academy

New plans on Witton Road for the development of a new Inner City Football Academy, erection of a building containing indoor 3G training pitch, changing facilities, parents lounge & office space plus the creation of outdoor 3G training pitch.

EouzdijXMAA7pkP?format=jpg&name=medium

EouzeO9WMAAxfSu?format=jpg&name=medium

Eouze2AW8AEF9G1?format=jpg&name=900x900

Eouzfd3WMAM_SL7?format=jpg&name=small

Source: Link

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

9 minutes ago, Colonel Dimitri said:

is this for the local public,the youth team or 1st team,if the latter havent villa got a cracking training ground already

The youth and acadamy teams will use both this and Bodymoor Heath.

It will also allow Villa to target local children from Aston, Perry Barr, Kingstanding and so on who arent able to get to Bodymoor Heath.

Its massive really. Similar to what clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City have done.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Any idea as to when this development is planned, Stu ?

One concern I have is if the site protected from flooding ... the river narrows along much of the curtilage and we all know that water finds its own level !

AVFC RFC SAFC

On 12/8/2020 at 8:58 PM, Larry-AV said:

Any idea as to when this development is planned, Stu ?

One concern I have is if the site protected from flooding ... the river narrows along much of the curtilage and we all know that water finds its own level !

I am unsure at what stage they are at with it. It wouldnt surprise me if more was mentioned at the next FCG meeting in January

Mellberg_Signature.png