Aston Villa 1-2 Brighton and Hove Albion

Aston Villa v Brighton & Hove Albion

Pre/post-match chat and analysis.

Watkins with two goals against Arsenal

2020/21 Premier League

Saturday, 21st November 2020

Kick-Off: 15.00 (GMT)

Villa Park, Birmingham

EPL (Premier League), Saturday 21/11/2020 : Aston Villa v Brighton and Hove Albion, KO 15:00 hours, BT Sport.

14/11/2020 : Although we have a week to wait, I am setting-up the match thread today, following the scrapping of the PPV scam yesterday. Our game as scheduled will be on BT Sport per the tweet from AVFC. More details in the link below.

Aston Villa @AVFCOfficial
Our next Premier League game against Brighton will now be shown live on BT Sport.
5:02 PM · Nov 13, 2020·Twitter

Link to AVFC : https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2020/november/Villa-v-Brighton-live-on-TV

AVFC RFC SAFC

We start a run of games here that I feel we need to be winning.

Yes we have had a great start to the season but these kind of games, we have been known in the past for letting our guard go and not picking up points.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

these are the games that last season caused problems--we are now progressing and this season we really ought to be winning,

Come On You Lions-----pick up from where we left off,

Villa 4  B&H.A. 1

Last season Joe Boy and me would  now be partaking of an ale and pie in the Holte Suite,--looking to recognise former players--and then proceeding up them steps to our seats in The Holte----magic days---will they ever come back???????

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

EPL (Premier League), Saturday 21/11/2020 : Aston Villa 1-2 Brighton and Hove Albion

I think we were the authors of our own downfall today, going high upfield and leaving ourselves exposed to rapid counter-attacks by so doing. On too many occasions our defence was AWOL and when present, slow to react. Losing Barkley (hamstring) after two minutes did not help matters either.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

• Larry-AV changed the title to Aston Villa 1-2 Brighton and Hove Albion

I didnt get to watch the game due to work commitments and it doesnt seem like i missed much.

I did wonder how leggy our midfield would be and from the sounds of it, we suffered massively, especially once Barkley went off.

Smith cant use the same XI all season otherwise it will come back and bite him on the backside.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

EPL (Premier League), Saturday 21/11/2020 : Aston Villa 1-2 Brighton and Hove Albion

After this result AVFC's total Form Points fell from 81 to 71 ... that is, points after 38 games.
The maximum available fell to 105 points, with 90 points left to play for.
AVFC are above par and 7th in the table, with 15 points and GD at +8 from 8 games.

23/11/2020 : Fortunately the overall EPL results this weekend have only resulted in AVFC dropping one place following the flop on Saturday.

AVFC RFC SAFC