FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Weird season and I think Leeds will do that to a few teams better then us  while they will then struggle against much lesser teams. It's just the way they are and maybe we got carried away. 

However, we never came close to matching their intensity and we didn't change anything when things clearly weren't happening for us.  Barkley wasn't fit and Smith alluded to it after Leicester yet he stayed on for the entire match which I can't understand. 

On another day Grealish would have put that chance away but he over did it like he did on much of his play tonight and we were unlucky with Ayling's goal line clearance.

Well done to Leeds though fully deserved and could could have been much worse.

Worried about the potential damage of this defeat, how we respond against Southampton is so important for the rest of our season. 

Weird season like I say and we still have our 4 wins, onwards and upwards.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Best team won last night. It wasn't pretty to watch because we have come to expect so much more from this Villa side.

We never nullified their attack down the wings - as Wolves did a week before and we looked completely over-run in midfield.

I did it last season and ill say it again, Smith's lack of a Plan B is very worrying.

In hindsight i may have gone with Elmo to help Cash where their main thread was instead of Trezeguet and maybe opted for Hourihane over Barkley for his left in the middle of the park.

Its over now. We must learn from it and move on quickly. We all would have snapped up 12 points from a possible 15 at the start of the season

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Strange game, Leeds intensity was hard to live with but despite there 26 ( I think was the stat ) shots I only recall the first being a clear cut chance, though I was watching on a stream that was buffering badly. We on the other hand had a forward line that just wasn't quite clicking but despite that 3 or 4 absolute sitters went begging.

We had to lose at some point, now it'll be interesting to see how we respond.

Maybe I spoke too soon regarding my ''feel good factor thread'' hopefully i didnt jinx it, as dorset has said it will be intresting to see how this Villa team respond,hopefully just a blip,they cant win every match or be as consistant like LFC or City,roll on Southampton

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

EPL (Premier League), Friday 23/10/2020 : Aston Villa 0-3 Leeds United

After this result AVFC's total Form Points fell from 114 to 91 ... that is, points after 38 games.
The maximum available fell from 114 to 111 points, with 99 points left to play for.
AVFC are above par and 3rd in the table, with 12 points and GD at +7 from 5 games.

25/10/2020 : I had to wait for the last game today (Arsenal 0-1 Leicester City) to see where AVFC would stand in the EPL. We are ahead of Leicester on GD and with a game in hand. Above us, Everton are ahead of Liverpool on GD and we have a game in hand on both of them too.

AVFC RFC SAFC

15 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

5/10/2020 : I had to wait for the last game today (Arsenal 0-1 Leicester City) to see where AVFC would stand in the EPL. We are ahead of Leicester on GD and with a game in hand. Above us, Everton are ahead of Liverpool on GD and we have a game in hand on both of them too.

It's sure, Villa has one game less but it's against Manchester City and it's home.

1 hour ago, CHRISTOPHE said:

It's sure, Villa has one game less but it's against Manchester City and it's home.

The game is against Man City, Christophe, but it is Away.

Our Home fixture is scheduled for 17th April 2021 ... I bet that gets moved for TV !

AVFC RFC SAFC

12 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

The game is against Man City, Christophe, but it is Away.

Our Home fixture is scheduled for 17th April 2021 ... I bet that gets moved for TV !

Thank you for correcting my mistake, and it will be even more difficult to bring 3 points back from there.