FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The feel good factor amongst Villa fans...

7 minutes ago, Colonel Dimitri said:

The best since when??

It feels good no more moans n groans in a bottom half/relegation battle feel

Season 1930-1931 : Aston Villa scored 128 League goals (Pongo Waring got 49) in 42 games, but finished 2nd (to Arsenal).

That 128 goals scored is still the record for Level 1 (First Division and EPL).

AVFC RFC SAFC

4 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

Season 1930-1931 : Aston Villa scored 128 League goals (Pongo Waring got 49) in 42 games, but finished 2nd (to Arsenal).

That 128 goals scored is still the record for Level 1 (First Division and EPL).

Wow!! That far back larry i was goni say MON era back in the mid 2000s LOL

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

25 minutes ago, Colonel Dimitri said:

The best since when??

It feels good no more moans n groans in a bottom half/relegation battle feel

Since the MON days for me personally.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

2 minutes ago, avstu said:

Since the MON days for me personally.

Yep espec his coaching team he took from celtic to villa john robertson n walsh,its a shame how it ended ,but lets not forget the boatd fucked him over he was pushing for a reg euro placed top 4-6 villa team,villa imho should be doing as its the top5 biggest english club,fk yer elite $$$ shite like chelsea or city

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

11 hours ago, Colonel Dimitri said:

Yep espec his coaching team he took from celtic to villa john robertson n walsh,its a shame how it ended ,but lets not forget the boatd fucked him over he was pushing for a reg euro placed top 4-6 villa team,villa imho should be doing as its the top5 biggest english club,fk yer elite $$$ shite like chelsea or city

MON's big mistake was signing far too many players who weren't good enough to push for a starting place.

4 hours ago, dorset lion said:

MON's big mistake was signing far too many players who weren't good enough to push for a starting place.

MON was a nightmare in that respect lots of signings like Habib Beye and Harewood who hardly played.  Then played Cuellar a CB at RB and Luke Young a RB at lb.  Ultimately MON fukced us over walking out 5 days before the season started.  No winners from it, only losers.  A sad way for it to end.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

1 hour ago, markymark said:

MON was a nightmare in that respect lots of signings like Habib Beye and Harewood who hardly played.  Then played Cuellar a CB at RB and Luke Young a RB at lb.  Ultimately MON fukced us over walking out 5 days before the season started.  No winners from it, only losers.  A sad way for it to end.

I like what is being done now, I read it described somewhere recently as us having a clear plan instead of sticking plaster signings.

I'm not just enjoying the moment but I'm enjoying looking at a team whose age suggests they can only get better.

20 hours ago, Colonel Dimitri said:

I know what you mean with how it ended. I don't hold him responsible as some others do.

I hold others who are higher at the club for not getting bigger financial deals, as we are now to help with the increased spending.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 6:54 PM, avstu said:

I know what you mean with how it ended. I don't hold him responsible as some others do.

I hold others who are higher at the club for not getting bigger financial deals, as we are now to help with the increased spending.

I don't blame Lerner either, he spent a fortune then other clubs had bigger pockets, he tried, he gave us a few good years but the spending couldn't be sustained 

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy