4 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM vs Fulham

• Ezri Konsa
    • Jack Grealish
    • John McGinn
    • Matty Cash
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2020 at 05:00 PM

Fulham v Aston Villa

Pre/post match chat and analysis.

Traore-2.jpg

2020/21 Premier League

Monday, 28th September

Kick Off: 17.45 (GMT)

Craven Cottage, London

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EPL (Premier League), Monday 28/09/2020 : Fulham v Aston Villa, KO 17:45 hours, SKY.

25/09/2020 : I hope we see AVFC's attacking strikeforce deliver the result again on Monday, although I expect Fulham to provide more potent opposition than that which we faced down at Bristol City.

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Fulham 1-3 Aston Villa

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting.

AVFC RFC SAFC

I feel this is a real test for us already in the new season. If we beat Fulham away from home, I feel that we may have enough about us not to get dragged into another relegation fight.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Both teams will be viewing this as a potential 3 points. I really don't know what to expect, those defensive frailties of pre lockdown are bound to reoccur at some point but  hopefully not anywhere near as often and in theory we now have an attack worthy of the name so could become a free scoring team.

Either way I won't get too carried away or too despondent, its likely to take a few weeks before we can take a guess at how this season pans out.

Solid away win with a clean sheet.

Would have liked to see Ollie Watkins get on the score sheet, worked so hard.

I don't say this often but i felt Trezeguet was brilliant. Ran his socks off.

Targett struggled when they had a WB but when they dropped to four at the back he seemed to settle down a little.

Mellberg_Signature.png

EPL (Premier League), Monday 28/09/2020 : Fulham 0-3 Aston Villa

I was multi-tasking this evening, listening to the match commentary on the Radio whilst reading the SSN Live Commentary and my Twitter feed too, with our goals shown on the latter.
A very satisfactory result from what sounded like a comfortable performance. Well worked goals from Grealish and Hourihane gave AVFC a 1st half lead and Mings stretched to add our third in the 2nd half. Fulham had a goal disallowed for a foul.
So we have a clean sheet tonight which has ended a 26 game run of AVFC conceding away goals, 54 in all ... matching Rangers' League Titles ! ...
AVFC will concede goals in away games in the future, but I trust we will never get anywhere near 26/54 again !

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting.

AVFC RFC SAFC

On 9/28/2020 at 8:14 PM, Larry-AV said:

EPL (Premier League), Monday 28/09/2020 : Fulham 0-3 Aston Villa

I was multi-tasking this evening, listening to the match commentary on the Radio whilst reading the SSN Live Commentary and my Twitter feed too, with our goals shown on the latter.
A very satisfactory result from what sounded like a comfortable performance. Well worked goals from Grealish and Hourihane gave AVFC a 1st half lead and Mings stretched to add our third in the 2nd half. Fulham had a goal disallowed for a foul.
So we have a clean sheet tonight which has ended a 26 game run of AVFC conceding away goals, 54 in all ... matching Rangers' League Titles ! ...
AVFC will concede goals in away games in the future, but I trust we will never get anywhere near 26/54 again !

Without doubt Larry. A clear weak point based on the two games so far is Matt Targett and it wont take much for our fans to make him a scapegoat.

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting.

Mellberg_Signature.png

26 minutes ago, avstu said:

Solid away win with a clean sheet.

Would have liked to see Ollie Watkins get on the score sheet, worked so hard.

I don't say this often but i felt Trezeguet was brilliant. Ran his socks off.

Targett struggled when they had a WB but when they dropped to four at the back he seemed to settle down a little.

Huge 3 points, was told before we've lost our last 5 games there.

Agree with everything here. Thought Watkins worked so hard and got himself into the right positions, never sulks and not afraid of a physical battle. The goals will come if he keeps it up.

Trez looks to have worked hard and has started the season really well in fairness to him.

Targett still a bit rash and a worry. On the opposite side though I really like the look of Cash, no nonsense from him.

Konsa deserves a mention and looks to be  improving with every game and delighted to see Ramsay get some time. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

• avstu changed the title to Fulham 0-3 Aston Villa