Jump to content
FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, avstu said:

I cant sit on a computer all day everyday trying to sort these issues.

They have been reported to the software creator - I can only wait their response.

Stu, I appreciate that running AVF is not your employment but is, for want of a better description, a hobby.

As such I understand that you are not able to devote the hours of a full time job to AVF.

Reporting these issues to the software creator is the correct policy ... if anyone can fix these issues he/she/they should !

Rather than just complaining from the sidelines, I am prepared to help you (if I can) with fixing these issues too.

 

 

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

24/09/2020 : Stu, I have noticed a display inconsistency with posts, it seems to be linked to the 'go to the first unread post' function. When I click on the unread post button it goes to t

It has just worked, cheers, Stu. EPL (Premier League), Friday 23/10/2020 : Aston Villa v Leeds United, KO 20:00 hours.

23 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

Stu, I appreciate that running AVF is not your employment but is, for want of a better description, a hobby.

As such I understand that you are not able to devote the hours of a full time job to AVF.

Reporting these issues to the software creator is the correct policy ... if anyone can fix these issues he/she/they should !

Rather than just complaining from the sidelines, I am prepared to help you (if I can) with fixing these issues too.

 

 

Larry,

I have reactivated the formatting side of things which should work for you for now. I have been told that ‘BB Coding’ as it’s referred to in the world of forums is becoming a thing of the past and it’s just a matter of time before this is completely fazed out on all modern forum software.

As for the logging issue - you are the only person who appears to be having this issue. Have you tried another browser and if so, do you have the same issue? It seems like it’s a cookie issue.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, avstu said:

I have reactivated the formatting side of things which should work for you for now.

It has just worked, cheers, Stu.

EPL (Premier League), Friday 23/10/2020 : Aston Villa v Leeds United, KO 20:00 hours.

  • Like 1

AVFC RFC SAFC

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, avstu said:

As for the logging issue - you are the only person who appears to be having this issue. Have you tried another browser and if so, do you have the same issue? It seems like it’s a cookie issue.

Stu, I tried Google Chrome today (21/10/2020) and once I had updated my AVF password there, I had no login problems, either within or between sessions.

Next I tried Firefox (after waiting for it to update !) then opened AVF, which showed me logged out, despite having left AVF yesterday logged in. Before logging in I purged all the Site data (cookies and cache) for AVF, then logged in.

This time the login was accepted straight away. I then tested AVF, leaving (logged in) and returning to AVF later within the session, which opened showing me logged in. I then left AVF (logged in) and closed FF.

After waiting a minute or so I opened FF and then opened AVF ... which showed me logged in ... Hooray !

Hopefully that is the end of these login hassles, but it might be worth your while to get the software author to investigate what caused them.

To help in this, can you forward the EMail I sent you on 05/10/20 01:24 ...  the one with the Zip File, which contains screenprints I took showing the various screens I had to navigate.

P.S. If you no longer have my EMail let me know the EMail address of the software author so I can forward it myself.

Cheers.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...