FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Jack Signs New Contract

Some statement although I never felt we would lose him the second we secured our Premier League status.

No clubs in this country seem to be splashing too much apart from Chelsea.

I would love to know about this 'ambition' Jack speaks about from the owners.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

6 minutes ago, avstu said:

It should be nothing less than restoring AVFC to its No:1 position in English football.

If that is not the ambition then it will not be good enough.

• Upvote 1

AVFC RFC SAFC

10 hours ago, avstu said:

What are the limits for Aston Villa ? 

With our history, fanbase and geographical location ( huge city within a shortish drive for at least half the UK population ) I don't see any.

FFP prevents us doing it overnight like Chelsea or City but it can be done, the cartel at the top isn't as impenetrable as it once was.

18 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

It should be nothing less than restoring AVFC to its No:1 position in English football.

If that is not the ambition then it will not be good enough.

It is all well said and done. We have been there before with a certain American!

7 hours ago, dorset lion said:

What are the limits for Aston Villa ? 

With our history, fanbase and geographical location ( huge city within a shortish drive for at least half the UK population ) I don't see any.

FFP prevents us doing it overnight like Chelsea or City but it can be done, the cartel at the top isn't as impenetrable as it once was.

I get that. We just have to make the right changes at the right times. Relegation can not even cross our mind this season IMO.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

I get that. We just have to make the right changes at the right times. Relegation can not even cross our mind this season IMO.

It's crossed my mind but I think we'll be ok, in fact if the post lockdown improvement was a sign of players getting use to each other and this league and Watkins can step up we could well be this seasons surprise package.

There comes a point when you have to stand firm and try and progress as a club and keep your best players, delighted with the ambition shown by the club.

We must make some progress this season and not got involved in any relegation battle, really excited for the season to kick off. 

Everything is here for us as a club to go on and progress  

• Upvote 1

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."