FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Villa linked with Odsonne Edouard.

Villa linked with Odsonne Edouard.

Aston Villa have made contact with Celtic regarding the availability of £40 million-rated striker Odsonne Edouard, according to the Sun.

If Dean Smith could call on a centre-forward with the Frenchman’s remarkable goal-scoring record, Villa would not have had to wait until the final moments of the Premier League season to confirm their survival.

Despite boasting one of the most creative footballers around in captain fantastic Jack Grealish, the Villans struggled to put the ball in the back of the net in 2019/20.

Between them, Wesley Moraes, Mbwana Samatta, Keinan Davis and Borja Baston scored just six times with Villa frequently squandering excellent opportunities in the final third.

Signing Edouard, then, would represent a major step forward for a club looking to not just survive but thrive back amongst the elite.

The Sun reports that Villa have contacted Celtic to ask whether a summer deal is possible.

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally would rather see if a deal could be done for ABRAHAM.

ODSONNE still unproven IMO.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

2 minutes ago, markymark said:

Personally would rather see if a deal could be done for ABRAHAM.

ODSONNE still unproven IMO.

Typical epl arrogance Lol,look at demebele,van dijk,armstrong,mcginn all moving on recently

40-50m should cover it OR 20m plus john mcginn,but next year,as we want Edouard to stay 1 more year going for 10 titles in a row my man😎

Not arrogance, rather fact.

Liverpool, Man City etc are very different propositions to Hamilton Academical.

Don't get me wrong he looks a very promising player but he is unproven at a high level.

Van Dijk accepted, the others however I would question, Dembele in France is not Serie A, La Liga or the Bundesliga so again I would say there is a question mark IMO.

Armstrong in and out of a Southampton team that possibly underachieved this season, a good squad player IMO.

Whilst McGinn had an 'alright' season taking into account he suffered a bad-ish injury which affected.  Hoping for more from him next season.

4 minutes ago, markymark said:

Not arrogance, rather fact.

Liverpool, Man City etc are very different propositions to Hamilton Academical.

Don't get me wrong he looks a very promising player but he is unproven at a high level.

Van Dijk accepted, the others however I would question, Dembele in France is not Serie A, La Liga or the Bundesliga so again I would say there is a question mark IMO.

Armstrong in and out of a Southampton team that possibly underachieved this season, a good squad player IMO.

Whilst McGinn had an 'alright' season taking into account he suffered a bad-ish injury which affected.  Hoping for more from him next season.

Hes scored goals at European level,good player whos on par with moussa demebele,who is linked with man utd for 60m.

As for france lique1,PSG is on par with any of the top4 in the EPL,imo.

I think you should be able to judge a player regardless of the league they play in,the likes of Larsson or van dijk couod have walked  into any team in the world.

I think you should be able to judge a player regardless of the league they play in

Dimi,

Of course the league matters, how many goals would Cristiano RONALDO score playing in the Belgian league for example, there is obviously a step up in skill required the higher you go.

That's why not all players make the step up.

If you are referencing Henrik LARSSON then agreed he was a 'world class' player and he proved that by scoring goals for Barcelona and having a short successful period at Man Utd.

Leigh GRIFFITHS has scored a lot of goals in the SPFL, but he is not a 'world class' player.

10 minutes ago, markymark said:

I think you should be able to judge a player regardless of the league they play in

Dimi,

Of course the league matters, how many goals would Cristiano RONALDO score playing in the Belgian league for example, there is obviously a step up in skill required the higher you go.

That's why not all players make the step up.

If you are referencing Henrik LARSSON then agreed he was a 'world class' player and he proved that by scoring goals for Barcelona and having a short successful period at Man Utd.

Leigh GRIFFITHS has scored a lot of goals in the SPFL, but he is not a 'world class' player.

Griffiths was a SPL,lower lg EPL,or championship,hes finished now not the player he was,some players you just know can make the step up like dembele did and i can see it with Edouard.

Ultimately if Villa end up with ODSONNE I would be more than happy as I agree he does appear to have the ability/potential to make the step up.

BUT, I'd personally still go for ABRAHAM.  :10_wink:

I do like Eduard and I believe he has something in common with Tammy from what I have seen of him. When he has to think about it, he will generally miss.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

05/08/2020 : SSN were reporting yesterday that Chelsea were seeking to offload several players, but Tammy Abraham was not amongst those named.

Link : https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12042126/chelsea-open-to-offers-for-kepa-arrizabalaga-jorginho-antonio-rudiger-and-more

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC