FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Johan Lange - Sporting Director

Johan Lange - Sporting Director

ASTON VILLA have appointed Johan Lange as their new Sporting Director - after raiding FC Copenhagen to headhunt one of the top talent finders in Europe.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Have this here too, for the record (from the Time for Change thread).

59 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

30/07/2020 : AVFC have today replaced 'Suso' as Sporting Director with Johan Lange.

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the appointment of Johan Lange as the Club’s new Sporting Director.
Lange joins from Danish club FC Copenhagen where he has served as Technical Director for the last six years.
In his role as Sporting Director, Lange will report directly to the Board.

Johan Lange said: “Aston Villa is one of the most famous clubs in European football with a rich history, but it is also a progressive club looking to the future. I am excited and honoured to be given this opportunity to contribute to the club’s ambitious strategy to become a force in Premier League football again.”

Full details in the link below.

If we want AVFC to 'become a force again' then the first thing we do is retain our best players !

Link : https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/07/30/johan-lange-sporting-director

AVFC RFC SAFC

Never heard of him, does anybody have a clue as to what talent he has previously spotted to warrant a claim that he is one of Europe's finest ?

Copenhagen’s Denis Vavro was sold to Lazio for £9.5m in the summer with Robert Skov joining Hoffenheim for £9m. Both had been signed for a fraction of the cost just two years earlier.

However Copenhagen have produced a conveyor belt of talent in recent times.

Robin Olsen was signed for £630,000 and sold to Roma for £8.1m. In the space of a single season, Jesse Joronen was signed for £800,000 and then sold on to Serie A side Brescia for £4.5m.

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, markymark said:

Copenhagen’s Denis Vavro was sold to Lazio for £9.5m in the summer with Robert Skov joining Hoffenheim for £9m. Both had been signed for a fraction of the cost just two years earlier.

However Copenhagen have produced a conveyor belt of talent in recent times.

Robin Olsen was signed for £630,000 and sold to Roma for £8.1m. In the space of a single season, Jesse Joronen was signed for £800,000 and then sold on to Serie A side Brescia for £4.5m.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Marky, not that I'm much the wiser as I've never heard of any of them, but that is likely down to my ignorance of European football.

No probs Dorset,

Olsen is the most well known, Swedish international GK.  Although he is currently out of favour at Roma and spent last season on loan at Cagliairi.

Adding to that I read today that OLSEN has been linked to Villa, such lazy journalism.

PS, I put your ignorance of European football down to Xenophobia.  :10_wink:

14 hours ago, markymark said:

No probs Dorset,

Olsen is the most well known, Swedish international GK.  Although he is currently out of favour at Roma and spent last season on loan at Cagliairi.

Adding to that I read today that OLSEN has been linked to Villa, such lazy journalism.

PS, I put your ignorance of European football down to Xenophobia.  :10_wink:

Bloody foreigners coming over here and making me idolise them😎