FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

Survival is ours to throw away, and this past few games we don't look like a team about to do that.

UTV

Sunday is going to be a hard day for us all. Let's just hope the others lose badly from early on 😂

• Larry-AV changed the title to Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal

great display--fantastic result----all did their part-----strewth the ol tikker cant take much more of this--

it now rests in  our own hands -a win sunday and we should stay up

well done all-----why oh why havent we played like this all season??

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

EPL (Premier League), Tuesday 21/07/2020 : Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal

After this result AVFC's total Form Points rose from 33 to 35 ... that is, points after 38 games.
The maximum available remains 37 points, with 3 points left to play for.
AVFC are below par and 17th in the table, with 34 points and GD at -26 from 37 games.

AVFC are out of the bottom three, level on points but ahead on GD, goals scored and games won.

AVFC RFC SAFC

10 hours ago, Apollo said:

Sunday is going to be a hard day for us all. Let's just hope the others lose badly from early on 😂

A few early goals for Everton and Arsenal would certainly settle the nerves a bit.

Was feeling much like Stu mentioned after the Everton game. What a win that was last night and I really didn't see it coming.

Can't get carried away, still work to be done but we should take massive confidence going into the West Ham game.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

9 hours ago, freddy said:

why oh why havent we played like this all season??

The two most notable things since the restart, the suicidal errors have largely stopped and Douglas Luiz has looked like a good player.

We have a lot of new players, a lot of young players, a lot of players inexperienced in this league and country.

If we stay up I think we finally have something we can build on, 3 or 4 players of proven quality added to this squad in the right places...for me a CB, winger and striker are crucial...and next season we'll be midtable.

I'd add a CM to that list to start alongside McGinn & Luiz,  Hourihane is a good squad player but to push on we need better, imo. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Hello,

What I find good about this team is that I didn’t leave the game to Arsenal in the second half. And I specify that unlike the French referee, your referees let the game develop by whistling much less the faults which is very pleasant because the game is much more fluid. I look forward to celebrating Sunday, you in Birmingham me in Paris.

since the restart Luiz has been immense--sitting just in front of the back 4 in a 4-1-4-1 system seems to suit him and the team quite well.

thought Guilbert did really well last night seeing it was his first game since March--liked his passion to get on the pitch and effort put in--Konza is improving every game--much prefer the lad at CB-----

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

• avstu unpinned this topic