FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Aston Villa 2-0 Crystal Palace

Aston Villa v Crystal Palace

Pre and post match discussion, live chat and analysis.

Aston Villa

2019/20 Premier League Season - Match 35.

Sunday, 12th July 2020.

Villa Park, Birmingham

14:15 Kick-Off (UK Time)

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

The optimist in me is looking at the next 3 games as being against average teams with little or nothing left to play for,  2 wins might see us in with a chance on the final day but in reality we are almost down.

7 hours ago, dorset lion said:

The optimist in me is looking at the next 3 games as being against average teams with little or nothing left to play for,  2 wins might see us in with a chance on the final day but in reality we are almost down.

I have tried to remain optimistic through all of this but the stark reality is if West Ham and Watford both win this weekend and then draw with each other, we will need 8 points. I hope I am wrong and somehow we do survive but I am not feeling positive, one bit.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

EPL (Premier League), Sunday 12/07/2020 : Aston Villa v Crystal Palace, KO 14:15 hours, SKY.

10/07/2020 : There is no room for error now, AVFC must win on Sunday to have any realistic chance of staying up.

Relegation 'Mini-League' fixtures this weekend.

Saturday 11th July
Norwich City 12:30 West Ham United
Watford 12:30 Newcastle United

Sunday 12th July
Aston Villa 14:15 Crystal Palace
Bournemouth 19:00 Leicester City

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 2-0 Crystal Palace

AVFC RFC SAFC

16 hours ago, avstu said:

I have tried to remain optimistic through all of this but the stark reality is if West Ham and Watford both win this weekend and then draw with each other, we will need 8 points. I hope I am wrong and somehow we do survive but I am not feeling positive, one bit.

I've sat looking at the games to come and come to the conclusion that if we win our last 4 we'll almost certainly stay up, if we win 3 we might stay up, anything less we're down and 2 goals in the 6 games since lockdown do not bode well for our chances.

After west ham and Watford wins today, we are 7 adrift with 12 to play for.  Now completely out our our hands.  Consider us relegated,  great job DS. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Watford were bottom and 7 points adrift when they appointed Pearson, just goes to show what a new manager can achieve. 

We have accepted relegation,  without even offering a fight, utterly gutless and spineless club from top to bottom. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

I  hate to say and really hope i,m wrong but i simply cannot see a blinking goal --let alone 3 or 4 wins that are needed to stand a chance of staying up!!

all in all its  been a stinker of a season--- far far- too many points dropped particularily at home continuously throughout the season-

and getting rid of O,Hare and RHM   much too early-------watch O,Hare,s departure come back to bite us !!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

9 hours ago, freddy said:

I  hate to say and really hope i,m wrong but i simply cannot see a blinking goal --let alone 3 or 4 wins that are needed to stand a chance of staying up!!

all in all its  been a stinker of a season--- far far- too many points dropped particularily at home continuously throughout the season-

and getting rid of O,Hare and RHM   much too early-------watch O,Hare,s departure come back to bite us !!!

I thought letting Kodjia leave for free was madness, we've spent the best part of £40 million on two strikers that look worse.

We have two games before Watford and West Ham meet, win them both and maybe we can do it but I doubt we can win them both and we'd still need other results to go our way.

And there in lies the madness of some football fans, despite the bleeding obvious I'm still hoping for a miracle.

• Larry-AV changed the title to Aston Villa 2-0 Crystal Palace