Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Rate our signings

Rate our signings

I have seen a fair few blame the recruitment this season on the position we currently find ourselves in and although I  agree that we are light in some areas (the wings) I do believe, if players play in their correct positions and we play a formation that suits them, then we would be better off this season.

Anyway, I just wanted to gage how people had rated those who have signed for us this season. Give me a rating out of 5 for each player and why you have given them that rating.

Players signed this year:

Wesley (£22.5M)

Mings (£20.07M)

Luiz (£15.12M)

Targett (£13.95M)

Konsa (£11.97M)

Nakamba (£10.8M)

Samatta (£9.45M)

Trezeguet (£9M)

El Ghazi (£8.10M)

Heaton (£7.92M)

Engels (£7.20M)

Jota (£4.05M)

Hause (£3M)

*Figures from TransferMarkt.co.uk

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

13 hours ago, avstu said:

Rate our signings

I have seen a fair few blame the recruitment this season on the position we currently find ourselves in and although I  agree that we are light in some areas (the wings) I do believe, if players play in their correct positions and we play a formation that suits them, then we would be better off this season.

Anyway, I just wanted to gage how people had rated those who have signed for us this season. Give me a rating out of 5 for each player and why you have given them that rating.

Wesley (£22.5M) 2 out of 5

Mings (£20.07M) 3 out of 5

Luiz (£15.12M) 1 out of 5

Targett (£13.95M) 3 out of 5

Konsa (£11.97M) 1 out of 5

Nakamba (£10.8M) 1 out of 5

Samatta (£9.45M) 1 out of 5

Trezeguet (£9M) 0 out of 5

El Ghazi (£8.10M) 1 out of 5

Heaton (£7.92M) 5 out of 5

Engels (£7.20M) 3 out of 5

Jota (£4.05M) 0 out of 5

Hause (£3M) 2 out of 5

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Wesley (£22.5M)  2/5

Mings (£20.07M) 3/5

Luiz (£15.12M) 1/5

Targett (£13.95M) 2/5

Konsa (£11.97M) 1/5

Nakamba (£10.8M) 1/5

Samatta (£9.45M) 1/5

Trezeguet (£9M) 1/5

El Ghazi (£8.10M) 1/5

Heaton (£7.92M) 4/5

Engels (£7.20M) 2/5

Jota (£4.05M) 0/5

Hause (£3M) 1/5

On 6/22/2020 at 7:18 PM, avstu said:

Rate our signings

Wesley (£22.5M) 1 what a waste of cash.

Mings (£20.07M) 2 he is far too prone to making serious errors

Luiz (£15.12M)  1 But for the hairdo you'd barely notice him.

Targett (£13.95M) 2.5  Don't remember any howlers unlike every other defensive player, might well be a solid option in a half decent team.

Konsa (£11.97M)   2 not overly impressed, could be one for the future not good enough yet.

Nakamba (£10.8M) 1 a defensive midfielder who gives the ball away that much is as useful as a chocolate teapot. 

Samatta (£9.45M) 2 though I reserve judgement as he does look like he could score plenty with some service

Trezeguet (£9M) 0 Offers very little

El Ghazi (£8.10M) 2 Offers a bit more but was hardly outstanding in the Championship so no surprise.

Heaton (£7.92M) 4 the only successful signing

Engels (£7.20M) 2 Looked like a find to start but gone down hill

Jota (£4.05M) 0 Seldom plays and when he does you can see why.

Hause (£3M) 1 He gets the one because he is young and might improve, if he doesn't he's a lower league player.

I think it would be wrong to write them all off. We've made these same mistakes before with really good players like Veretout, Adama and Gollini. Players take time to adjust and we have been here before.  Gollini really rankles with me. He was very good young keeper and now an Italian international playing Champions League football but because he was a little young and nervy and not an instant roaring success we gave up on him rather then develop and improve him. If we're going to recruit players like this we need to give them time. 

Players like Konsa and Luiz could develop and mature into really good players.  Mings has been mixed but if he had a solid partner beside him he would be much better. 

You could however say they were the wrong signings to make for a relegation battle and a few were just really bad business. I struggle to see why Targett escapes criticism while others take so much, good threat going forward but that's it. I want my defenders to be able to defend first and foremost. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Wesley (£22.5M) 2/5 no pace, no shooting ability and poor in the air.

Mings (£20.07M) 3/5 has had some good games. Believe he could do with a decent partner.

Luiz (£15.12M) 2/5 hit and miss for me. Scored a couple of bangers but not premier league level.

Targett (£13.95M) 2/5 very average. Fails to pick up the wide man. Many teams have had success down his flank.

Konsa (£11.97M) 2/5 has many mistakes in him. Not premier league for sure.

Nakamba (£10.8M) 1/5 cant think of one good thing he has done. For a defensive midfielder he is good at giving possession away.

Samatta (£9.45M) 2/5 scored a few goals, gambles on the odd ball and it has paid off. Can imagine him being decent in the championship but won’t score many in prem.

Trezeguet (£9M) 1/5 lacks physicality and can’t beat his man. Really poor to be fair.

El Ghazi (£8.10M) 1/5 same as trez.

Heaton (£7.92M) 4/5 really good stopper. Find it hard to say a bad word about him.

Engels 1/5 (£7.20M) Mistakes galore! Spurs for one.

Jota (£4.05M) 0/5 Birmingham must have laughed their tits off! 

Hause (£3M) 0/5 gives the ball away! Can’t play football!

My ratings:

Wesley (£22.5M) 2/5

- Has all the attributes to be a success and may come back a much better player now he knows what is required of him but based on what we have seen so far, he must do better.

Mings (£20.07M) 3/5

- I love his commitment and how he has brought fans close to the players again but as someone has already touched upon, he makes far to many errors. 

Luiz (£15.12M) 3/5

- I am a strong believer that in a top side, Luiz will flurish. Before lock down i thought he was too slow on the ball but since the Premier League has returned he seems to be quicker and stronger. By far our best player out of the three games since lockdown, so far. Will have a bright future in the game.

Targett (£13.95M) 3/5

- The left back has done what i expected of him. He reminded me of Warnock at first and seemed to be too quick to go off injured when he didn't fancy a battle but seems more comfortable now he has settled.

Konsa (£11.97M) 2/5

- The future of our club. Regardless of what league we are in next season, I think he will have a part to play. Still has a lot to learn though.

Nakamba (£10.8M) 2/5

- Growing on me everytime i see him. Another who could be a good asset but I wouldn't be surprised if someone came in for him if we went down.

Samatta (£9.45M) 1/5

- Still has everything to prove. Too early to really judge him properly.

Trezeguet (£9M) 0/5

- A complete waste of space. He may come good but i dont think he will. Had reports suggesting he would leave this summer if Villa were relegated. Id be looking to move him on regardless. Never a Premier League player based on what we have witnessed.

El Ghazi (£8.10M) 1/5

- The effort is there at times but he goes missing far too much for my liking. He may improve but again, he isnt Premier League quality right now.

Heaton (£7.92M) 4/5

- Losing him and his experience was such a major blow for Villa.

Engels (£7.20M) 2/5

- I believe, once fit, he should be in our starting eleven. I think he has unfairly been treated at times due to the odd mistake when others who play in his position have made a lot more mistakes and continue to play.

Jota (£4.05M) 0/5

- Never was going to be good enough and I feel he was only brought in to make up the squad numbers. Could be important in the Championship next season, if thats were we end up.

Hause (£3M) 1/5

- Not Premier League quality by any stretch of the imagination. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Wesley. (£22.5M) 1 not premier league quality

Mings .(£20.07M) 2 to intermittent 

Luiz . (£15.12M)   shouldnt even be here

Targett, (£13.95M) 2. im sure his mind is somewhere else half the time

Konsa. (£11.97M)   1 championship player at best,

Nakamba. (£10.8M) 1 if he was a russian im sure he would be a spy, he plays for the other side 

Samatta. (£9.45M) 2 could do better with a bit of back up

Trezeguet. (£9M) 0 less said the better

El Ghazi. (£8.10M) 1another part time player

Heaton. (£7.92M)  3 bit better than a lot of them, can be useful

Engels. (£7.20M)  1 does not excite me at all

Jota. (£4.05M) 0  could have given the money to a charity, we would still be the same team without him

Hause. (£3M)  p*ss poor in my book,