Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea

Smith stated when he took over that he understood Villa fans frustrations with negative football and that we would not fear anyone under him and we would play attacking free flowing football.

Fast forward to the Premier League and I feel like we are back where we started. Smith's stubbornness and lack of a plan B will see us relegated. Its beyond belief that we are still only one point away from safety.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

40 minutes ago, avstu said:

Smith stated when he took over that he understood Villa fans frustrations with negative football and that we would not fear anyone under him and we would play attacking free flowing football.

Fast forward to the Premier League and I feel like we are back where we started. Smith's stubbornness and lack of a plan B will see us relegated. Its beyond belief that we are still only one point away from safety.

should have bombed him off in January.

I agree with what you are saying regarding the point. Only thing for me is that I can’t see us picking up another point. 

you guys have said it all, smith will never do it, with him, we are down, have said that for a long time,

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

This is so frustrating....

we were financially doomed and then get taken over by a wealthy group... the players we have signed have been a big waste of money! People said we would do a Fulham, they were right! 

We never have a go at teams until it’s too late and we are losing! 

It’s diabolical and I just can’t see us surviving! 

Abdolutely bang on! We sit back and let every team come on to us why why why?are we afraid ? do we feel inferior?if so theres no point in playing throw the towel in now and put us all out of our misery.!!we dont attack or put pressure on until we are loosing and by then its too dam late.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Please for christ sake go all out for Benitez in the summer. 

mzjj.jpg

9 hours ago, Apollo said:

should have bombed him off in January.

I agree with what you are saying regarding the point. Only thing for me is that I can’t see us picking up another point. 

We need I’d say about 10 points from our last 8 with 5 of those coming against teams in the top 10.

We have picked up 2 points and lost 19 points from winning positions against the top so far this season...

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Absolutely appalling yesterday. All I ask is that we scrap hard but yesterday was inexcusable. 

We all knew at 1-0 up that it was only a matter of time before we folded, how we took the lead was a miracle.

Chelsea coasted through that game. I think Smith has been badly found out at this level coupled with really bad recruitment yet again.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

The morning after and I still feel shitty about this game. Being a Villa fan is seriously bad for your mental health. 

Our last good manager was O'Neill and that was ten years ago now. Christ. He got us up for each and every game without fail. We took a lot of points from top four teams. Many criticised his signings, but you can't argue with his results. And we never sat back and rolled over and accepted our fate. 

Pathetic performance. Might have to take a break from football. 

mzjj.jpg

9 hours ago, Dublin Villain said:

Absolutely appalling yesterday. All I ask is that we scrap hard but yesterday was inexcusable. 

We all knew at 1-0 up that it was only a matter of time before we folded, how we took the lead was a miracle.

Chelsea coasted through that game. I think Smith has been badly found out at this level coupled with really bad recruitment yet again.

As I mentioned in my match report, if it was any other manager they would have been crucified for that performance.

You sum it up when you say, all you ask is that we scrap. We have a go but too may times against the better sides we have shown them too much respect and lost games that potentially we could have stole points from. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

8 hours ago, JustRich said:

The morning after and I still feel shitty about this game. Being a Villa fan is seriously bad for your mental health. 

Our last good manager was O'Neill and that was ten years ago now. Christ. He got us up for each and every game without fail. We took a lot of points from top four teams. Many criticised his signings, but you can't argue with his results. And we never sat back and rolled over and accepted our fate. 

Pathetic performance. Might have to take a break from football. 

I used to be like that. Would take me 2-3 days to get over a game. I do get annoyed but I find i can move on a little quicker than I used to be able to.

Like as much as I want us to stay up, i don't feel like it will be the end of the world if we went down. I loved our time in the Championship - I just hated all the mid-week games.

Mellberg_Signature.png