Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea

ASTON VILLA v CHELSEA

Pre and post match discussion, live chat and analysis.

Davis vs Sheffield United

2019/20 Premier League Season - Match 30.

Sunday, 21st June 2020.

Villa Park, Birmingham.

16:15 Kick-Off (UK Time)

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Was meant to be heading to this, just before Covid started to take off. I fancy our chances now more then I did back in March. 

Wednesday should stand to us and I'd like to think we will be a little sharper then Chelsea. Davis has to play again for me, worked so hard for the team and I thought we looked pretty toothless when he came off. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

EPL (Premier League), Sunday 21/06/2020 : Aston Villa v Chelsea, KO 16:15 hours, SKY.

19/06/2020 : I do not share DV's optimism about this game, but I have gone for my default prediction nevertheless.

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea

AVFC RFC SAFC

Apart from the Brighton result, they all went our way yesterday.

We made a big deal about not playing at neutral venues - now we need to back that up and somehow get a result today. A defeat is not an option.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Posted (edited)

21/06/2020 : 'Avstu cannot receive messages', so I am posting the PM I have just composed here instead.

Americanisms

Stu,

Can you correct the date format on AVillaFan. It is currently showing the date in the USA format, MM-DD-CCYY.

The correct format is DD-MM-CCYY as in 21-06-2020 and if it is to be shown in reverse it would be 2020-06-21 for today's date.

Other Americanisms I have noticed are 'curb' instead of 'kerb' in the Jack Grealish arrest article and regarding cars, it is 'tyre' not 'tire' ... the latter applies for when we lose energy and has nothing to do with wheels !

The Americans are our most valuable Ally in the world but as Churchill said, we are two peoples divided by a common language !

Regards

Larry

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Not too sure about this one Tammys return Franky boy will be out for revenge following Wembley-'but we have to be positive 3 points are essential to overhaul B,mouth and West Ham i think anything short of that will really be a defeat--Villa have started so should know what to expect if they hope to stay in the prem 3points are really essential!

Come on You Lions.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

I live in hope but I've just about accepted relegation, most of the goal scoring opportunities we create are for the opposition and that is going to sink us unless we start scoring, Davis isn't going to score enough and neither is Samatta stuck up there on his own, but together if we can get the ball up to them we might just have a fighting chance in a few of the games to come.

a wee bit "under the cosh"  as they say at the moment---soak it up soak it up --and the second half just might  be ours!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Yesss

1-0 just before h.t

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png