Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Premier League

Let’s be honest it should just be voided now! 

this lock down isn’t going to be over for sometime. 

On 4/12/2020 at 8:47 PM, Apollo said:

I think the lockdown will be lifted before the end of May - but only for work etc. I can't see social gatherings being approved for some time.

Two positives if the season does get voided: 1. We don't get relegated. 2. Liverpool don't win the league. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

6 hours ago, avstu said:

I think the lockdown will be lifted before the end of May - but only for work etc. I can't see social gatherings being approved for some time.

Two positives if the season does get voided: 1. We don't get relegated. 2. Liverpool don't win the league. 

Us not getting relegated is a positive, but then again we all know there was never any real danger of that😉

As for Liverpool that is a mixed bag, on the one hand its funny, but the whining will be unbearable...though ironic, "we wuz robbed" coming from a scouser always is.

17 hours ago, dorset lion said:

Us not getting relegated is a positive, but then again we all know there was never any real danger of that😉

As for Liverpool that is a mixed bag, on the one hand its funny, but the whining will be unbearable...though ironic, "we wuz robbed" coming from a scouser always is.

Or if they are awarded it they will always be known as the team that didnt actually win the title. haha.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

On 4/12/2020 at 8:47 PM, Apollo said:

Fully agree especially with avoiding crowds reckon it's best to look forward to next season beginning in the autumn. At the earliest.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

It looks like the EPL could be returning soon. Apparently the goverment have given the Premier League the go ahead to get re-started.

Mellberg_Signature.png

So they are willing to put players at risk for money..... 

• Like 1

I have done my bit, commenting on the Telegraph website and EMailing AVFC with my comment, which includes the posts I first made here on AVF.

Hello,

Following the reports today of restarting the EPL behind closed doors, I share with you at AVFC what I posted on the Telegraph website in response to that article.

DT 30/04/2020 : Exclusive: Premier League aims for June 8 restart with clubs to train from mid-May
A proposed timetable has been circulated among clubs, working on the basis that lockdown measures will be eased
By Sam Wallace, Chief Football Writer 30 April 2020 • 10:32am

My response :

L Jones 30 Apr 2020 5:00PM
30/04/2020 : Below I share here what I posted on my football forum (AVillaFan) on 03/04/2020, that post being a re-iteration of what I had posted on FB, AVF and elsewhere on 17/03/2020. I have not changed my opinion as originally posted on 17/03/2020 and see no reason to change it.

http://www.avillafan.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17509-premier-league/&do=findComment&comment=397896

AVFC RFC SAFC

Money, money, money. I think it's absurd to try and finish this season.

The season should be declared finished and planning put in place to try and deliver some kind of normality for next season.

The only possible positive to come out of all this would be for the whole Sky/Premier League football money bubble to burst and some sort of a reset. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."