FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

29 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

Interesting background information below on Ollie Watkins, Dorset, 'psychological repositioning'.
This was at Exeter City, where he started his career before moving to Brentford ... and now hopefully to AVFC.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12038340/ollie-watkins-psychological-repositioning-under-paul-tisdale

Never heard it put like that before Larry but concentration and been in sync with you're team mates is obviously a very big part of the game.

The line about having a good game without touching the ball made me chuckle, I thought blimey we had some real stand out performances in that case last season....Maybe that's why Jack can't get a start for England, he touches the ball to damned much !

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely, we seem to be 'penny pinching' unfortunately as the transfer window nears it's end prices will only go up not down. If we have identified a player we need to pay the price and get it

Benrahma?, I'd like to see him sign but think Brentford need to lower their expectations regarding the fee.  I'd prefer Harry Wilson as the additional attacker.  But definitely need to add some better

2 hours ago, avstu said:

I am a big fan of Watkins. Obviously the verdict will be out to see if he can make the Premier League step up but his work rate and pace will help us massively up top.

Seen a few talk about the £28M fee also. If you compare it to the £29M Leeds have paid for a 29 year old striker who scored 1 goal in La Liga last year, £35M for a young lad Wolves signed who scored one goal in Portugal last year and the £20M (Plus very high wages) Newcastle have paid for Callum Wilson, it just seems to be the going rate for a forward player at present.

I think the deal for the Arsenal goalkeeper will happen also. I am unclear where this will leave Tom Heaton though.

It leaves Heaton on the bench.  Martinez is 27/28 not quite sure and I don't want us spending £15-20 for a bench warmer.                                                            From the list of attackers we've been linked with I like Watkins the most as he brings versatility of being able to play across the front 3.                                                            

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Aston Villa have completed the signing of striker Ollie Watkins from Brentford for a club record fee of £28m, which could rise to £33m with add-ons.

09/09/2020 : Ollie Watkins' deal is for 5 years, when he will be 29 yo. Let us trust he does for AVFC what he has done for his previous clubs and thereby earns extensions to this deal.

Welcome to AVFC, Ollie Watkins.

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Glad that's done, of all the names we've been linked to he is the one I wanted.

I really believe we are assembling what could go on to be a very good team in the coming years.

2 hours ago, dorset lion said:

Glad that's done, of all the names we've been linked to he is the one I wanted.

I really believe we are assembling what could go on to be a very good team in the coming years.

Who would you like to see villa sign?  If Watkins is our no. 9, I'd like Benrahma and Harry Wilson to provide the chances and additional goals.

Have to agree! With all the strikers we were linked with I’m happy that this is the one we have signed. The two wingers mentioned above would be good signings too! 

IMO these are 2 good signings Cash & Watkins reckon they can both survive the demands of the Premiership-just a dam shame we wont be able to see them in the flesh for quite some time!!Mings SJM Jack and Watkins thats a real mouthwatering quartet.VTID.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

15 hours ago, markymark said:

Who would you like to see villa sign?  If Watkins is our no. 9, I'd like Benrahma and Harry Wilson to provide the chances and additional goals.

Benrahma looks an exciting player but even if we sign nobody else I see reasons to be optimistic that we'll do better this season.